2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just my opinion, but what makes an offense truly elite is how they perform in the redzone. This offense is going to be impossible to stop in the redzone.

How do you stop 1:32?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu-7TQy86sc

Especially if guys like Njoku and Callaway progress. Njoku is a sleeping giant. He could be a touchdown machine.

didnt baker have 0 int in the redzone last year

• Like 3

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

You’re correct.

His rating was close to Brees in the redzone.

That’s honestly nuts.

Compressed field, small windows, snap decisions and the kid absolutely kills it.  Elite play, on par with a HOFer.

That’s absolutely incredible from a rookie.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s honestly nuts.

Compressed field, small windows, snap decisions and the kid absolutely kills it.  Elite play, on par with a HOFer.

Bizarro Kizer. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s honestly nuts.

Quick reads and accurate passes were his greatest attribute as a rookie so it sorta makes sense. Those are the things you usually say your rookie will eventually learn but we were lucky enough to get a QB who was pro ready even though he didn't get any 1st team reps in camp/preseason. You'd think a special player like that would be easy to recognize even from the worst coach ever but evidently it wasn't.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Quick reads and accurate passes were his greatest attribute as a rookie so it sorta makes sense. Those are the things you usually say your rookie will eventually learn but we were lucky enough to get a QB who was pro ready even though he didn't get any 1st team reps in camp/preseason. You'd think a special player like that would be easy to recognize even from the worst coach ever but evidently it wasn't.

Yeah you’d think a great football mind could spot that right in front of his face everyday....

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Bizarro Kizer. 

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t want to say this was the only factor, but my God. The difference between Baker and Kizer in the redzone is the difference between 0 wins and 7 wins.

I can’t even crap on Kizer, he wasn’t ready to play when we took him and Hue put him in one awful situation after another.

Between that and the talent at the skill positions, the kid had no shot at being successful.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can’t even crap on Kizer, he wasn’t ready to play when we took him and Hue put him in one awful situation after another.

Between that and the talent at the skill positions, the kid had no shot at being successful.

It's not really Kizer's fault. He wasn't even that bad. He was just literally the least clutch QB I've ever seen. Like, he'd look great for long spans and then when we really needed it, he'd throw an INT into quadruple coverage. Like...invisible quadruple coverage. Somehow there would be 4 DB's there and 0 Browns players. It was like his trademark move.

• Like 1