2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

On 7/29/2019 at 11:12 AM, candyman93 said:

I’m 99% sure I will be at the Detroit home game in 2 years. Lot of Lions fans in my family. Would be cool to play thanksgiving next year since we are @Dallas

I will be SHOCKED if we are not in Dallas for the Turkey Day game. Word through people I know is the Browns have already been earmarked for that game. The star power of Baker coming back home to Texas at play there.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2019 at 11:35 AM, brooks1957 said:

I will be SHOCKED if we are not in Dallas for the Turkey Day game. Word through people I know is the Browns have already been earmarked for that game. The star power of Baker coming back home to Texas at play there.

That would be excellent.  It would be really cool to see the browns on Thanksgiving Day!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm more interested to see if we go after Dan Bailey.  Vikings gave up a 5th for a backup kicker from the Ratbirds, so you'd assume Bailey is going to be on the outs.  He hasn't been that great the last couple years but I wouldn't be surprised if there's more trust there with a guy like that then the two young guys we have. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Really good breakdown on offensive schemes in the NFL. Kinda interesting we ran 10 personnel more than a lot of teams. Made sense because Perriman and Callaway were burners.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/06/nfl-personnel-groupings-11-personnel-12-personnel-21-personnel

Browns will be 11 alot because of Njoku. Honestly this team can run a lot of 0/10/11/12/20/21. Gonna be interesting to see how much 20/21 they will be in once Hunt is back

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Do you think we would trade Schobert? I think it depends on Mack Wilson.

Schobert is still on his rookie deal, so he has an easy contract to move.

If he has a good year, we will get a  3rd round conp pick. So we would have to trade him for a 2nd.

I dont rhink there is market value for that atm. 

Another question could be, would we get a 5th or a 6th for kirksey, cos I'd take that  

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It’ll depend on how Wilson looks in the regular season. If he can prove he can tackle I think there’s a good chance we could move sho. For the right price. 

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Well right now I think the back up for Schobert Is Taki and Mack is back up for kirksey. 

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If he has a good year, we will get a  3rd round conp pick. So we would have to trade him for a 2nd.

I dont rhink there is market value for that atm. 

Another question could be, would we get a 5th or a 6th for kirksey, cos I'd take that  

I don’t know if they move on from kirksey this year. It would cost more to move him this year than to hold on to him I believe. I believe he is good as gone next year tho. The browns could save around $6m cutting him next years 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It’ll depend on how Wilson looks in the regular season. If he can prove he can tackle I think there’s a good chance we could move sho. For the right price. 

Mack isn’t a Mike. He is a will. Kirksey and Mack are the two Will LBs. The Mike LBs are Schobert and Taki