2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we could snag trey flowers as a de on run downs and a st on passing downs it would be a great signing, he is guna get 10 per year at least. 

Then get dee Ford or Frank clark, then it is an A+ off season.

I’d just sign Clark or Ford

we would still have Ogbah for at least next season to rotate in on certain downs and he’s decent against the run

i feel like DL depth is our biggest need this offseason......we desperately need some guys to give Garrett and Larry O some rest throughout the game so they’re still fresh come the 4th quarter when we’re looking to tee off and put teams away

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, zelbell said:

I’d just sign Clark or Ford

we would still have Ogbah for at least next season to rotate in on certain downs and he’s decent against the run

i feel like DL depth is our biggest need this offseason......we desperately need some guys to give Garrett and Larry O some rest throughout the game so they’re still fresh come the 4th quarter when we’re looking to tee off and put teams away

It is such a void of talent from larry to the next best dt, I want a dt in fa and one in the draft. 

We need another de also.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we could snag trey flowers as a de on run downs and a st on passing downs it would be a great signing, he is guna get 10 per year at least. 

Then get dee Ford or Frank clark, then it is an A+ off season.

Trey Flowers is a freaking stud muffin. I can't see New England letting him get away given their defensive woes.
Also, if we got Trey Flowers, we really wouldn't need any more DE's. The position would be beyond fine.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 1:24 PM, bosko1616 said:

My under dog FA signing would be David Irving DE/DT. I know he’s had his problems but that kid is a straight stud when he’s on his game. He has all pro potential and really should be that expensive. There need to be some somtract stipulations but I’d love to see what he could do away from Dallas. I also love CJ Mosely, Micheal Pierce, Tyrell Williams, Tyrann Matthieu, Frank Clark, Grady Jarrett, Any decent kicker, Robert Quinn, and Anthony Barr

He’s Josh Gordon 2.0

I doubt we even consider Irving.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Where would we play honey badger? Not sure he’d sign up to be a slot corner. Peppers isn’t big enough to to play full time LB so we can’t love him there. And randle has FS locked up. 

33 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Where would we play honey badger? Not sure he’d sign up to be a slot corner. Peppers isn’t big enough to to play full time LB so we can’t love him there. And randle has FS locked up. 

They were playing him as a dime back, safety, corner and near the line of scrimmage. 

doesnt seem that impressive anymore. I'd keep away.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

If Christian Wilkins is there at 17 - that's the textbook definition of a no brainer. Three time All American. Don't overthink it - draft him and walk away happy

Problem is that isnt Wilkins similar to Larry in terms of style/build? Being a smaller quick more of a knifing DT? They could def. use him but if they go with 2 smaller quick DTs than they need some serious studs at LB to back them up and fill gaps against the run.

The biggest thing that stood out to me is that the Browns dont have a big run stuffer on early downs playing next to Larry to eat space. Somebody like.......Danny Shelton. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Problem is that isnt Wilkins similar to Larry in terms of style/build? Being a smaller quick more of a knifing DT? They could def. use him but if they go with 2 smaller quick DTs than they need some serious studs at LB to back them up and fill gaps against the run.

The biggest thing that stood out to me is that the Browns dont have a big run stuffer on early downs playing next to Larry to eat space. Somebody like.......Danny Shelton. :)

It would’ve been nice if Shelton could’ve done that for us. He couldn’t. He’s butt.