2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Trade to look out for. TE  Evan Engram. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I was huge on him coming out.  Gotta think he’d cost something of note, no?

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Heard they’re shopping some players for him. Probably cost around a 3rd.

22 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Browns are finally sniffing around some TEs including Engram.

Engram is better than Njoku. Would love to get Engram for a third--highway robbery. 

Will offer Duke and Kirksey straight up, can confirm.

Edited by NudeTayne

34 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:
Brett Jones is a great backup center. Could potentially start. Would be a good pickup since we’re just throwing crap against the wall anyway with the line. 

Are you nuts?  We’ve got the future HOFer Austin Corbett locking down the backup C job.

Impressive to think in just 13 months he’s managed to backup 3 different positions.  Especially after having to wait until pick 33 to be drafted.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Are you nuts?  We’ve got the future HOFer Austin Corbett locking down the backup C job.

Impressive to think in just 13 months he’s managed to backup 3 different positions.  Especially after having to wait until pick 33 to be drafted.

I honestly think that’s freddies biggest mistake of the offseason. I understand the need to have a backup center but he’s never played center or guard before until last year. Moving him around the line can’t be good for his development. Should have just stuck him at guard and let him  play there before trying him out back and forth. Center is too complicated of a position to learn and multitask on the fly. 

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I honestly think that’s freddies biggest mistake of the offseason. I understand the need to have a backup center but he’s never played center or guard before until last year. Moving him around the line can’t be good for his development. Should have just stuck him at guard and let him  play there before trying him out back and forth. Center is too complicated of a position to learn and multitask on the fly. 

I don’t think that was the plan. 

He was drafted as a LT and showed in a couple of weeks to pretty much all observers he wasn’t cut out for it.  He played guard most of last season and this offseason and summer and still stunk. 

I think C is one last how to get some sort of value out of him.

If he wasn’t a 2nd rounder he’d have been cut imo.

From what I’ve read he’s been outplayed by pretty much everyone.  Kalis apparently looked light years better at both guard and center...

I won’t go so far as to say he’s a lost cause, but I don’t think you can look to him to be part of the future until he shows something, anything.