2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

There are some DT we haven’t really discussed that may become available. 

Bucs have very little cap space and may look to trade Gerald McCoy. He’s still got a couple years left and could most likely be had with a mid-to-late round pick.

Malik Jackson May be cut. He’s owed 13 mil this year and underperformed. Jags are another team with low funds. Jackson is only 27.

One of my favorite prospects a few years ago, Marcel Dareus, would free up 10 mil in cap space for the jags.

An older vet DT may be a solid option on a 1 or 2 year deal given the looming work stoppage.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Given the impending work stoppage

Id be surprised if there’s an actual stoppage.  Too much money involved for all parties.

43 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

and guys that will need extensions, I don’t think we will be big spenders this offseason. We might sign 1 big time impact player.

Agreed.

One bigger contract, a couple team friendly deals to fill some holes, hopefully extend Randall and resign a couple of our FA’s (Perriman, Robinson)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pnies20 said:

There are some DT we haven’t really discussed that may become available. 

Bucs have very little cap space and may look to trade Gerald McCoy. He’s still got a couple years left and could most likely be had with a mid-to-late round pick.

I’m in.

5 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Malik Jackson May be cut. He’s owed 13 mil this year and underperformed. Jags are another team with low funds. Jackson is only 27.

Sign me up.

12 hours ago, buno67 said:

he is still an upgrade. He is a better overall overall WR.

Perriman has shown important signs of improvement. His hands were questionable at best coming into the league. He’s no doubt put a lot of work into that. You don’t just wake up with good hands one day. 

More importantly, he’s built some rapport with baker. 

I say pay the guy that shows he’s working hard to be a pro.