2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

52 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Perriman has shown important signs of improvement. His hands were questionable at best coming into the league. He’s no doubt put a lot of work into that. You don’t just wake up with good hands one day. 

More importantly, he’s built some rapport with baker. 

I say pay the guy that shows he’s working hard to be a pro.

Brown is still the better WR. They will prolly be other FAs or rookies that are better then both. I’m just saying, no need to just settle for Perriman

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Brown is still the better WR. They will prolly be other FAs or rookies that are better then both. I’m just saying, no need to just settle for Perriman

I agree that Brown is at this point a better WR. And there will be better WR available for sure. 

However, perriman is just now tapping into his potential. Give him another year or two in our offense. He’s a beast that just underperformed up until this past year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can’t see ATL letting him get away, but he’d be great.

They can hardly afford it at this stage. They have 26 million in cap, they will have to cut dudes. 

The eagles are 16 million in the red. They are going to have to free up cap, there maybe some trade targets their for Dorsey.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

They can hardly afford it at this stage. They have 26 million in cap, they will have to cut dudes. 

The eagles are 16 million in the red. They are going to have to free up cap, there maybe some trade targets their for Dorsey.

Eagles have a lot of free agents they won’t be able to resign 

19 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Also we have the 5th least amount of cap going into 2020, we actually have to be very cautious spenders. 

Collins will be gone this year and carrie the year after.

Its still 51 million. I wouldn't worry too much. We also have several guys that could easily be gone that year.

Jamie Collins 12.5 Million
Kevin Zeitler 7.6 Million
Christian Kirksey 7.55 Million
Darren Fells 4.0 Million
T.J. Carrie 6.350 Million

That is 38 Million right there and the only key player is potentially Zeitler but if Corbett is ready to go and we draft an interior lineman this year I could see Zeitler a cap cut.

That puts it at 89 million for 2020. Obviously it will be less after free agency but the cap is still rising. I wouldn't worry at all right now.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who you like and what do you think they’ll cost?

Yeah, @pnies20, I just saw this too and I think it's crazy. You're not getting a solid starting DT right now for 4.5M AAV (a quarter of those suggested Jarrett contracts), let alone a top of the line, pass rushing DT. I mean, I'd prefer to go after McCoy, but there is a reason Jarrett is gonna get paid this offseason.

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Its still 51 million. I wouldn't worry too much. We also have several guys that could easily be gone that year.

Jamie Collins 12.5 Million
Kevin Zeitler 7.6 Million
Christian Kirksey 7.55 Million
Darren Fells 4.0 Million
T.J. Carrie 6.350 Million

That is 38 Million right there and the only key player is potentially Zeitler but if Corbett is ready to go and we draft an interior lineman this year I could see Zeitler a cap cut.

That puts it at 89 million for 2020. Obviously it will be less after free agency but the cap is still rising. I wouldn't worry at all right now.

We need to keep zeitler as long as he is solid, kirksey I like but he can go. 

My main point is we have built the core of our team and we have to keep a few of them, over high priced free agents.

Just now, ReggieCamp said:

Dorsey made 3 key acquisitions by trade last year (Jarvis, Randall, and Tyrod).  I'd love to see him do it again.

I know everyone's talking about OBJ, but give me Gerald McCoy or Lavonte David.

McCoy for a 4th would be boss  you can cut him at any point, so if he starts sucking he is gone, if he plays well but we need cap, he is gone.