Mind Character

2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

40 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Edit:  And they waived CB Denzel Rice.

crazy, I didn't think he was that bad, got an int as well. 

21 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

@Mind Character or anyone else with fancy advanced stats. What are your thoughts on Steven Nelson from Kansas City? I ask because he is a free agent at seasons end and was drafted by John Dorsey. He plays a position of need and he balled the F out against us last Sunday. Other than that I have never seen him play.

I remember that the draftnik community loved him as their mid round sleeper CB/hybrid player.

I thought he had to play FS coming out of Oregon State as he had stiff hips, panicked when on an island in press, and struggled when the ball was in the air in terms of awareness and making a play on the ball.

However, from an pure attitude perspective (i.e., willing to tackle, instinctual play, competitive fire, committed worker) he had everything that a team could possibly want.

One of my buddies loved him and thought he was a second round pick type with a lot of nickel starter pro-bowl impact in certain schemes.

I think he ended up going in the 4th round which I thought made sense.

I have no clue as to how his skills or abilities have progressed versus regressed since he entered the league.

If they've progressed, or I misevaluated him in college then the natural fit with Dorsey could make his signing more impactful than I think at the current moment.

I'm pretty excited about this year's defensive free agent pool. Imagine if we could land two of the following players on different positions. There's also several solid WR looking for new contracts.

frank clark

grady Jarrett 

Demarcus Lawrence 

kj wright

Ezekiel Ansah

Sheldon Richardson 

Ronald Darby (replace Gaines and or Carrie)

dante fowler 

Shane ray 

dee ford

Preston brown 

52 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I'm pretty excited about this year's defensive free agent pool. Imagine if we could land two of the following players on different positions. There's also several solid WR looking for new contracts.

frank clark

grady Jarrett 

Demarcus Lawrence 

hell yes.

kj wright

Ezekiel Ansah

Sheldon Richardson 

hell no

Ronald Darby (replace Gaines and or Carrie)

they are both balling. 

dante fowler 

Shane ray 

dee ford

they will all want more than they are worth, barr maybe Ray, either way we over pay. Id love to bring in an excellent pass rusher, then draft an OT or DT. 

Preston brown 

Lb? Fee agent LBs havent really worked for us in the past. 

15 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

hell yes.

hell no

they are both balling. 

they will all want more than they are worth, barr maybe Ray, either way we over pay. Id love to bring in an excellent pass rusher, then draft an OT or DT. 

Lb? Fee agent LBs havent really worked for us in the past. 

Give me Lawerance.clark.jarrett. Or Ford. I think suhs a FA as well 

Greg Robinson figure things out finally or nah? It’s been nice not seeing the left side of the pocket folding up the past couple weeks. Would be huge to not have to prioritize figuring out LT right at the top of this draft. 

I would feel okay going into next year with Robinson, Harrison and Hubbard as primary players for the tackle position. Hubbard played better today. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

I would feel okay going into next year with Robinson, Harrison and Hubbard as primary players for the tackle position. Hubbard played better today. 

Really ? I’d be terrified Gregg Robinson is still greg Robinson. I don’t trust him at all to protect Baker. Hubbard layer well one game. Most of there year he’s been awful. If I’m Dorsey I’m adding atleast 2 OL. 1 tackle and one swing just in case. I can pretty much pencil in t

kBitonio,Corbett,Zeitler as our starts. Then I’d keep Robinson,Hubbard,and Harrison. U

Hope Robinson and Harrison can continue to develop. Then maybe sign Daryl Williams. He’s a top 10 tackle when healthy and then draft a guy like David Edwards,Dalton Risner, or that kid from West Virginia. 

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Greg Robinson figure things out finally or nah? It’s been nice not seeing the left side of the pocket folding up the past couple weeks. Would be huge to not have to prioritize figuring out LT right at the top of this draft. 

its weird, its like Kitchen becomes OC and the blocking issues seemed to improve. Feel like Kitchen is matchinbg protections to his plays or calling plays better at keeping the defense on the door. Also helps that the running game looks great now with Chubb

19 minutes ago, buno67 said:

its weird, its like Kitchen becomes OC and the blocking issues seemed to improve. Feel like Kitchen is matchinbg protections to his plays or calling plays better at keeping the defense on the door. Also helps that the running game looks great now with Chubb

Funny how actually calling a diverse game and accentuating positives and trying to hide weaknesses can make a team look better.

I’ll use this point to reiterate again, we don’t need a top 10 OT, we’re honestly OK.  Bring in a mid round guy to develop and let Harrison put some meat on his bones over the off-season.

54 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Also notice how much of an improvemt Robinson has been over Harrison. Also he’s using his TEs a lot more to chip I saw fella and njuko in a majority of the game. Another thing is when you have a player like duke who can catch out of the backfield the DEs can’t just pin their ears back every damn play. LBs have to spy instead of blitz. This is what’s called playing to your teams strengths 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Funny how actually calling a diverse game and accentuating positives and trying to hide weaknesses can make a team look better.

I’ll use this point to reiterate again, we don’t need a top 10 OT, we’re honestly OK.  Bring in a mid round guy to develop and let Harrison put some meat on his bones over the off-season.

Uh no dude... it was all the wishbone. Key to our success.

5 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Too early to say at this point. But if he keeps playing the rest of the season like he has, then you'd think we'd be content going into next year with him at LT. At the very least I'd like to see him at RT.

17 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Uh no dude... it was all the wishbone. Key to our success.

Rumor is we’re running straight triple option next week.

Greggggg gonna have us in a bear front too.

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Rumor is we’re running straight triple option next week.

Greggggg gonna have us in a bear front too.

Oklahoma - Nebraska circa 1969. LOL