2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The reality is, this team has been in build/rebuild mode so much that we are finally in a position as to where we don't need to draft guys in the 1st round to come in and make an immediate impact at a key position. We have our QB (Baker), RB (TWO of them), EDGE guy (Myles), #1 CB(Ward), dynamic playmaker on offense (OBJ) and a couple of solid DTs (Richardson and Ogunjobi) and situational secondary edge guys (Vernon, Avery).

The reality is, we should now be getting BPA in the 1st/2nd, glue guys and "x factor types" in the 3rd/4th, and fliers in the 5th-7th to replace the other glue guys, x factor types, and depth that we won't be able to resign.

Just keep the major core intact, let attrition go, and replace with solid youngsters.

I have no idea what to do with my draft analysis now...it's crazy!

Exactly!  The draft will be VERY exciting to see what we can get.

Honestly if its me, we do exactly what we have been doing for the past few years.

Take the high value guys who are falling down the boards.  We have the ability to wait a year on a DT so Take Simmons.  Guys who fall like Antonio Callaway, Caleb Brantley, Mo Hurst, for one reason or another, we have the flexability to bring those guys in.  I love the position we are in.

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

im guessing this is our just in case Greg Robinson goes back to sucking insurance. 

I think Kendall Lamm played RT, I don't know if he is or can be a LT.

I assume we are just getting competition at all positions.  Robinson and Harrison at LT, Corbett and Kush at RG.  Hobbs and Lamm at RT.  We also have very good backups in the event of injuries...

4 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

It always makes it THAT much better since he's always dressed like a complete buffoon. 

I'm telling you guys, he is a legitimate idiot savant; he's perfect for Cleveland.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

im guessing this is our just in case Greg Robinson goes back to sucking insurance. 

Yeah, hope he doesn't see the field. Kendall Lamm "played" for the Texans - as in he was on the field, wearing a Texans jersey. I don't think he ever had a moment where he wasn't getting crushed by the guy opposite him or swiping at air trying to contain a speed rusher. 

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, hope he doesn't see the field. Kendall Lamm "played" for the Texans - as in he was on the field, wearing a Texans jersey. I don't think he ever had a moment where he wasn't getting crushed by the guy opposite him or swiping at air trying to contain a speed rusher. 

...then how do you explain... THESE!!! Lol

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

It was more so a joke since you said there is zero good plays from him lol

I know. :)

If you want to saddle up by a nice warm fire, with a bucket of chicken and a few ice cold Fanta's while Lamm gently spoons you and tussles your hair while you talk about how Becky in Accounting said the FUNNIEST thing in the Advisory Board meeting today, Lamm is your guy.

If you're needing him to football, well...he doesn't football good. 

But, the upside outweighs the downside.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I know. :)

If you want to saddle up by a nice warm fire, with a bucket of chicken and a few ice cold Fanta's while Lamm gently spoons you and tussles your hair while you talk about how Becky in Accounting said the FUNNIEST thing in the Advisory Board meeting today, Lamm is your guy.

If you're needing him to football, well...he doesn't football good. 

But, the upside outweighs the downside.

Well if we can turn the Greg Robinson chicken shtt into chicken Salad, let’s go round two with Lamm lol

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well if we can turn the Greg Robinson chicken shtt into chicken Salad, let’s go round two with Lamm lol

tenor.gif?itemid=5285201

I may not be the Mod here, but I am still a Mod... we got a language filter for a reason, please don't try to work around it.

Thanks! :)

Archived