2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we take a 1 year flier on a guy/and pay/overpay him, I hope that it's Gerald McCoy. Snag him post June 2 for the comp pick reasons.

What would post June 2nd have to do with anything?  He is under contract currently.  And the "rumors" are the Browns are trying to trade for him.  In so far as comp picks are concerned that deadline was yesterday. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

What would post June 2nd have to do with anything?  He is under contract currently.  And the "rumors" are the Browns are trying to trade for him.  In so far as comp picks are concerned that deadline was yesterday. 

I quoted myself immediately after to say "Suh". I got 4 hours of sleep last night.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we take a 1 year flier on a guy/and pay/overpay him, I hope that it's Gerald McCoy. Snag him post June 2 for the comp pick reasons.

41 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Or Suh 

Agreed.

*IF* we’re gonna overpay someone and eat into that cap a bit, either one of those guys would be my choice.

Either of those two with Richardson and Ogunjobi is a nasty 3 man rotation.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s cuz I’ve been on vacation.

Lemme see who’s gonna make a dumb comment and I’ll get things going.

So, for example, something like:

Kaluka Maiva was SOFT

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No one would EVER say something like that for fear of personal safety.

Kaluka is watching. Always.

Should I start a poll asking whether we should have JT or a kicker? BRB

EDIT:

NM, someone beat me to it.

• Like 4

I wonder if JPP breaking his neck changes TB's desire to ditch McCoy?  This being a non-football injury, I'm guessing means JPPs salary is off the books once he gets put on IR.  So that clears up their need for cap space......

As far is Suh is concerned, we can't afford him.  Word on the street is he is looking for over $20 million a year...... That ain't happening in Cleveland.  

35 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

I wonder if JPP breaking his neck changes TB's desire to ditch McCoy?  This being a non-football injury, I'm guessing means JPPs salary is off the books once he gets put on IR.  So that clears up their need for cap space......

They cant afford to sign their draft picks atm, they have 1 million in cap. 

They have 3 options for cuts, McCoy 13 mil, jpp, 7.5 mill and labonte david gives them something. 

When do they have to be under cap? Can they sign the picks without being under cap?

35 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

As far is Suh is concerned, we can't afford him.  Word on the street is he is looking for over $20 million a year...... That ain't happening in Cleveland.  

He wont get that anywhere.