2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

Pierre-Paul was scheduled to earn $13.65-million in base salary this season. In fact, $7.5-million was fully guaranteed in March.

Pierre-Paul will go on the Non-Football Injury (NFI) list. Depending on the language in the contract, they may not have to honor the guarantee and it’s the club’s decision whether to pay the rest of the contract. If they decide not to, it would provide more money under the salary cap.

My guess is they will use this to cover their draft picks.  They still want to move on from McCoy.  

As for when they have to be under the cap..... Always.  All contracts have to go through the league office to become official.  The league won't allow a contract to go through that would put a team over the cap. 

Keep in mind Baker Mayfield didn't sign his rookie deal until like late July...... So there is plenty of time for them to work all that out.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

He basically says we dont know because hes a first time HC. Not sure there is anything there that's concerning. Gotta love the dead part of the offseason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I gotta find the article but I thought I read that Berry was pretty upset with the organization/FO with the way they handled him and his cancer battle 

They kept paying him while he was battling cancer, and then Dorsey gave him a huge extension after that. To which he stated

“I’m going to keep focusing on giving everything I have to this craft, everything I have to this sport—keep embracing the moments and put everything I have into those moments,” Berry explained. “I’m just very thankful to be a part of this organization.”

Im guessing you must have read something about his feelings now that they let him go.  

• Like 2