2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

I guess your brother had to tell you Ward was a first round prospect later that month.

hahaha... you are reaching at straws... and you really are ridiculous... lol

I guess you can't read...your response was to the OP named "OhioGenius" ... that is not my name...

I made an alternative mock in response to OG with Ward at the top of the 2nd round just like he had and wrote this description...

On 1/6/2018 at 7:17 PM, Mind Character said:

2. Denzel Ward CB Ohio State: Calm and smooth feet. Doesn't panic. Plays the WR hands w/ advanced technique. Often has bad eye discipline that gets him in trouble. Durability, size concerns, and a crazy run on QBs along with his bouts of serious inconsistent play could easily drop him to the top of the 2nd round. His frame is razor thin. Vernon Hargreaves although short was a thick athlete; however, Denzel's small stature and premium film especially when he plays the nickel and takes away slot WRs will have some scouting rooms debate if he has the physicality, functional strength, and eye discipline to match up with the top dominant WR1s in the league..

That same month (January) I still had Denzel Ward as a top 15 player on my draft board based on my personal evaluation... for which I posted a ton.

I also had Mike Hughes as a top 5 player on my big board based on evaluation.

BUT I had him mocked to go to us at the top of the 2nd due to off-season concerns..

Where a player is evaluated and where one projects them to go in a mock in January can be different.

For example, most people gave Desmond Harrison a 2nd round grade, but mocked him as a 7th or UDFA due to off the field stuff.

Denzel Ward was a fast riser throughout the process... my evaluation was correct... my prediction that he was going to the Browns was correct... me mocking him at the top of the 2nd with a **Caveat in response to another poster Mock is absolutely nothing...

Nice try again...

2 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

But you had us drafting him in the 2nd? K.

But you can't understand basics of reality or reading of words...K

Look at who the original poster was in that thread... NOT ME... look what they said... look at why I mocked Ward similar to them and added a caveat...

----------------------------------

@pnies20  Vita Vea and Edmunds?? haahahah..

Look at the title of that Thread "Believable Shockers and Sleepers." And what was said in the the first 2 lines of the thread...

It's called a Shocker for a reason... it was a thread intended to spark different discussion before the draft....

On 4/25/2018 at 1:24 AM, Mind Character said:

I think a lot of us would be surprised if we stay at 4 and don't select one of Bradley Chubb, Saquon Barkley, or Denzel Ward.

But could Dorsey and co. shock us by going in a different direction? If so, who could it be?

1. Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB Alabama: Does Dorsey see him as an elite outside CB by chance? Did we write him off too soon?

2. Vita Vea, NT Washington: Does the FO see him as providing Haloti Ngata type impact? (I don't see that type of skill personally)

3. Tremaine Edmunds, LB Va.Tech: Is his upside and pass rush versatility too much to pass up?

---------------

Off the list... Marcus Davenport (34 OLB exclusively based on tape imo, and lacks blue chip talent), Derwin James (scheme fit excludes him due to being a SS redundancy imo)...

By that time my Big Board in terms of evaluation of players was set and Denzel ward was a top 8 player.

I also had him locked to us at 4 and Baker at 1.

There's a difference between mocks of what i want or mocks in response to original post and what I predict as going to happen based on information passed to me.

You @pnies20 are an imbecile... a hater... and aren't worth any more of my time....

3 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

My personal favorite. Dane Cruikshank as a pro bowler.

mike Hughes over Ward. 

Im done.

Numerous well respected scouts and evaluation had Hughes over Ward based on tape evaluation.

You wouldn't know that because you don't know anything about scouting or know anyone in the business that does.

Hughes only dropped due to off-field concerns and still went in the 1st.

Dane Cruikshank and the opinion about pro-bowl upside was a direct evaluation 2 Giants personnel scouts... who had him as a 3rd round graded pick before his medical flag during the draft bowls...

Once again... you're an imbecile...

14 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Guice over Barkley?

Barkley falling out of the top 15

STOP HAHAHAHA 

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE 

ROFL 

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/04/scot-mccloughan-preferred-derrius-guice-to-saquon-barkley/

"Scot McCloughan preferred Guice to Saquon Barkley"

You see it as an extreme opinion b/c you have no idea what scouts and personnel execs think about players..

Many people loved Guice as more of true Runner than Saquon based on the tape...

If Guice didn't have the medical or character red flags he would've gone top 15 in the draft.

There were people in scouting communities that thought based on RB need and the players on the board that Barkley could go around 15 ... that was early on in the process and that sentiment faded fast...

I'm glad you enjoy being a know-nothing... ignorance is bliss..

7 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Aside from the both of you going at it I noticed Schobert isn't on your mock roster?

Thanks.. good catch... had him on injured reserve in the source post that I copied that from...and I mistakenly cut that part off... I'll adjust that... didn't mean to exclude him....

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

Thanks.. good catch... had him on injured reserve in the source post that I copied that from...and I mistakenly cut that part off... I'll adjust that... didn't mean to exclude him....

I figured it was a hiccup. Can't see us letting him go. He is becoming In my eyes a young Sean Lee. Durability issues because of size but all over the field and rarely out of position.