2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

33 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Iā€™ve got a feeling that Seth Devalve will be playing Orson Charles position. Freddie ran a ton of 2 tight end formations too. Which is why I wonā€™t rule out drafting a tight end instead of a WR.

I have a feeling both of those guys are 50/50 to even make the roster next year.

If weā€™re running a lot of 2 TE sets, I think an upgrade is prolly necessary.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Weā€™d need a complete tight end to balance out Njokus blocking.

For sure.

DeValve has flashed a bit but never been consistent and Charles was generally bad (like bottom 5 in the league per pff).

I donā€™t think TE is out of the question at any point on draft day tbh, first round included.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For sure.

DeValve has flashed a bit but never been consistent and Charles was generally bad (like bottom 5 in the league per pff).

I donā€™t think TE is out of the question at any point on draft day tbh, first round included.

I like Devalve a lot. Heā€™s just never on the dang field! Keeps getting hurt.Ā 

There are a lot of really solid TE prospects this year. Iā€™m cool with getting one.

50 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I like Devalve a lot. Heā€™s just never on the dang field! Keeps getting hurt.Ā 

There are a lot of really solid TE prospects this year. Iā€™m cool with getting one.

If he can have a healthy offseason and camp, he could have a good year for us. By that I mean just a contributor. I feel like he can benefit from a freddie and Monken combined offense.Ā 

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Iā€™ve got a feeling that Seth Devalve will be playing Orson Charles position. Freddie ran a ton of 2 tight end formations too. Which is why I wonā€™t rule out drafting a tight end instead of a WR.

We can't forget Darren Fells. Browns inked him to a three year deal prior to last season. He executed his role well last year. I know it was a small sample size, but Fells actually had the highest catch rate (Receptions/Targets) of anyone on this Browns roster. And that wasn't even his primary job.

I do think the Browns will have an excellent opportunity to address both Devalve and Orson's specific positions in the draft and come out all the better for it.

First off, this TE class is shaping up to be special. You can walk away with a guy in Day 3 who could easily be a 2nd round talent in any other year.

Secondly, George Aston. *Mic Drop*

Edited by MistaBohmbastic
*Mic bounces off stage and, once more, a "Thump" is heard*

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Just read around. New England canā€™t afford to keep Trent Brown. Iā€™d love to get him. He was a wall for the Patriots. Heā€™d be a New Orleans Brown Jr for Baker. Iā€™d then play Robinson at RT.

Gregg Robinson has never taken a snap from the right side in his career in a regular season gameĀ I believe. I dont remember if we had him at RT this preseason.Ā He has only played LG and LT. Make brown the LT and let Robinson just walk. If anything letĀ Harrison try and make RT or become the swing back up tackle

I donā€™t like the idea of making a guy switching a position that he has never played before. Robinson prolly hasnā€™t played on the rightside since HS maybe. Also other teams never trying on the rightside be it as RT or RG should be a sign as wellĀ 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

We can't forget Darren Fells. Browns inked him to a three year deal prior to last season. He executed his role well last year. I know it was a small sample size, but Fells actually had the highest catch rate (Receptions/Targets) of anyone on this Browns roster. And that wasn't even his primary job.

I do think the Browns will have an excellent opportunity to address both Devalve and Orson's specific positions in the draft and come out all the better for it.

First off, this TE class is shaping up to be special. You can walk away with a guy in Day 3 who could easily be a 2nd round talent in any other year.

Secondly, George Aston. *Mic Drop*

Fells has an out in his contract that the browns can move on this offseason and not take a big hit at allĀ 

yeah Fells prolly had the highest catch rate but a lot of those catches he was wide open because teams left him open. He isnā€™t a TE I would make a huge role for on the offense