2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Fells has an out in his contract that the browns can move on this offseason and not take a big hit at all 

yeah Fells prolly had the highest catch rate but a lot of those catches he was wide open because teams left him open. He isn’t a TE I would make a huge role for on the offense

But Seth Devalve and Orson Charles are? Come on. Fells had a number of tight window catches. Look back to the one in the corner of the endzone against cincy, or how about Baker's first TD in Oakland? You cannot deny the fact that he's been the most reliable TE on this roster of the three being discussed. Of those three, I believe the Browns like Fells.

And they have such a golden opportunity to draft a great TE in this class as well. Someone who can be a three-level threat while also capable of being a competent blocker. I think they will look for someone who can fill those roles before they look for someone to replace Fells.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Just read around. New England can’t afford to keep Trent Brown. I’d love to get him. He was a wall for the Patriots. He’d be a New Orleans Brown Jr for Baker. I’d then play Robinson at RT.

Simply not true. Trent Brown was terrible all season long. He has a good post season because he plays for the greatest game planning organization of all time. He was one of the 10 worst tackles in the league and it wasn't just my opinion either. PFF graded him 68 of 80. Only 64 guys can start in a week. He was trash especially against anyone with any real skills. I would easily prefer Greg Robinson who I believe is overrated as well. If Greg won't resign then I would still prefer to roll with a year improved Desmond Harrison than to sign Trent Brown.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

But Seth Devalve and Orson Charles are? Come on. Fells had a number of tight window catches. Look back to the one in the corner of the endzone against cincy, or how about Baker's first TD in Oakland? You cannot deny the fact that he's been the most reliable TE on this roster of the three being discussed. Of those three, I believe the Browns like Fells.

And they have such a golden opportunity to draft a great TE in this class as well. Someone who can be a three-level threat while also capable of being a competent blocker. I think they will look for someone who can fill those roles before they look for someone to replace Fells.

If we get 1 more TE this offseason it is pretty obvious that Seth DeValve is the first guy out the door, but lets not act like Darren Fells doesn't need the boot as well. He was brought in to block and there were so many times he was straight garbage in that role. Orson Charles doesn't even play TE anymore. He was on the roster as a lead blocker whatever you want to call it. We need an entire TE overall behind Njoku imo. 

• Like 1

Njoku has been good.  He needs to work to become a better blocker, but he’s still hella young.

Fells was ok imo, better than I expected.

Charles is a tone setter and competitive, but he’s just not that good.

DeValve will flash once every half dozen games, but then you won’t see anything again for weeks.  

None have stood out on special teams either, but Charles was the most visible iirc.

If we don’t address the position at some point with this draft class I’ll be shocked.

12 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Channeling my inner nude

We're all nude underneath. Let your heart be free.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Secondly, George Aston. *Mic Drop*

*Mic bounces off stage and, once more, a "Thump" is heard*

FarawayAgedBoto-size_restricted.gif

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Simply not true. Trent Brown was terrible all season long. He has a good post season because he plays for the greatest game planning organization of all time. He was one of the 10 worst tackles in the league and it wasn't just my opinion either. PFF graded him 68 of 80. Only 64 guys can start in a week. He was trash especially against anyone with any real skills. I would easily prefer Greg Robinson who I believe is overrated as well. If Greg won't resign then I would still prefer to roll with a year improved Desmond Harrison than to sign Trent Brown.

Literally every New England fan disagrees with you and doesn’t want to lose him.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

He’s too busy coaching division 3 kids.

3 million kids play youth football(5-8), only 1.4 million play high school football(9-12) and only 100,000 play collegiately and only 13,000 of those are lucky enough to play division 1 college football. My first love was small school high school football. I played small school high school football. Small school football still remains my one true passion and I now coach small school high school football. At the small school level less than 1% of those kids are lucky enough to ever play ANY college football let alone Division 1.

You want to disagree with my opinions about this football player and that one or this team and that then so be it. You want to point out I was wrong about this prospect or that prospect then do it. You want to attack small school football then I believe you have made it personal. You want to role with Trent Brown fine you do you but the FACTS are Trent Brown allowed 35 pressures and 12 QB hits the 2nd most of ANY offensive tackle in the entire league.

And for the life of me I still cannot figure out why pnies20 insist on demanding a crystal ball or why someone doesn't have a job in the pro ranks whenever they have an opinion about a player, but he's out there throwing his opinions around without proof of his crystal ball or telling us what team has employed him.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

3 million kids play youth football(5-8), only 1.4 million play high school football(9-12) and only 100,000 play collegiately and only 13,000 of those are lucky enough to play division 1 college football. My first love was small school high school football. I played small school high school football. Small school football still remains my one true passion and I now coach small school high school football. At the small school level less than 1% of those kids are lucky enough to ever play ANY college football let alone Division 1.

You want to disagree with my opinions about this football player and that one or this team and that then so be it. You want to point out I was wrong about this prospect or that prospect then do it. You want to attack small school football then I believe you have made it personal. You want to role with Trent Brown fine you do you but the FACTS are Trent Brown allowed 35 pressures and 12 QB hits the 2nd most of ANY offensive tackle in the entire league.

And for the life of me I still cannot figure out why pnies20 insist on demanding a crystal ball or why someone doesn't have a job in the pro ranks whenever they have an opinion about a player, but he's out there throwing his opinions around without proof of his crystal ball or telling us what team has employed him.

Why are you bolding the word small?

3 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I was jk...

but do you feel better?