2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I agree.

If you want to watch phenomenal tackling, watch the Patriots linebackers and safeties.

https://nesn.com/2018/12/patriots-defense-has-been-nfls-best-this-season-in-lost-art-of-tackling/

I don't know what the overall numbers say about his tackling but Stephen Gilmore was a boss all post season and IMO he was the real SB MVP as well. He made plays, locked down anyone and everyone and the defense won the game not offense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I don't know what the overall numbers say about his tackling but Stephen Gilmore was a boss all post season and IMO he was the real SB MVP as well. He made plays, locked down anyone and everyone and the defense won the game not offense.

I don't know if you saw it or not, but at the Ohio clinic a few years ago, Pat Fitzgerald spoke on tackling, what they do, how they emphasize it and technique, and how to instill this, especially in space. It was awesome and great from a coaching standpoint, especially with the recent limitations on contact during practice. He even gave drills/clips that I'd recommend to any coach. His also was basically how they as a team that doesn't have/get 4 or 5 star guys are still able to compete and play solid defense and that any team can become good, even without dynamic athletes in space to do so.

JMHO

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I don't know if you saw it or not, but at the Ohio clinic a few years ago, Pat Fitzgerald spoke on tackling, what they do, how they emphasize it and technique, and how to instill this, especially in space. It was awesome and great from a coaching standpoint, especially with the recent limitations on contact during practice. He even gave drills/clips that I'd recommend to any coach. His also was basically how they as a team that doesn't have/get 4 or 5 star guys are still able to compete and play solid defense and that any team can become good, even without dynamic athletes in space to do so.

JMHO

I did see that and it actually inspired me to buy a crash pad. I had to spend my own money because the school I was with pretty much laughed at me over the expense. I have since added other tackling drills and punt block/FG block drills with the crash pad.

4 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I did see that and it actually inspired me to buy a crash pad. I had to spend my own money because the school I was with pretty much laughed at me over the expense. 

LOL

CLASSIC. Sad and yet I believe every single word.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

CLASSIC. Sad and yet I believe every single word.

Yet 4 months later the Basketball program had 2 brand new pieces of equipment they called "the gun" its just the deal that spits the ball back out to the shooter. I don't know how much they are but I can't imagine they got 1 for what I was asking for let alone 2 and they already had one. Guess when the basketball coach is also the AD he can do whatever he wants.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, idk, you see the cap hit??

Yes the cap hit is high, but if you cut or trade him this year, you save 1 million dollars on the cap this year, then have no dead money ties to him in the future.

If you don't cut or trade him this year, you have 22 million against the cap this year, then still have 14 million in dead money next year for cutting him.

There is no point at the moment for the steelers to bother keeping him.  Might as well cut your losses and call it a day.

Someone will be dumb enough to give them something however, it just wont be a 1st

7 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Yes the cap hit is high, but if you cut or trade him this year, you save 1 million dollars on the cap this year, then have no dead money ties to him in the future.

If you don't cut or trade him this year, you have 22 million against the cap this year, then still have 14 million in dead money next year for cutting him.

There is no point at the moment for the steelers to bother keeping him.  Might as well cut your losses and call it a day.

Someone will be dumb enough to give them something however, it just wont be a 1st

I hear ya, it’s just a good reminder to be careful who you give those huge deals to.