2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

20 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Caught 43% of his passes for 17ypc perriman caught over 60% for 22ypc. 

Team perriman for the w.

Can we compare careers and see if there is a track record to go off of... oh wait their is. 

Brown has a career of catching. 49% of his passes for an avg of 15yards a catch. Perriman is at 46% and 15.5yards. 

Also Brown has shown over his career he can be an all around productive WR. Avg around 600yards and 4 TDs a season. Not bad for a poo5th/6th type WR next year

Edited by buno67

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Pretty huge flaw when comparing these numbers.

One had Baker dropping dimes, the other had Lamar shot putting the ball in their general direction.

6 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Perriman has Baker

Brown had Flacco who just went for a fourth and people feel like the Broncos got FLEECED and Lamar Jackson 

So why change whatis working?  ya all cant have it both ways. 

100 targets at 22ypc and 60% reception rate is money.

Unless Callaway is getting busted for drugs I don't want Brown. 

If we have Callaway juice, Higgins, perriman, Duke, we dont need brown

• Like 1

Just now, buno67 said:

Can we compare careers and see if there is a track record to go off of... oh wait their is. 

Brown has a career of catching. 49% of his passes for an avg of 15yards a catch. Perriman is at 46% and 15.5yards. 

Also Brown has shown over his career he can be an all around productive WR. Avg around 600yards and 4 TDs a season. Not bad for a poo5th/6th type WR next year

Perriman has been bad for his career until cleveland, brown has been average for his whole career. 

Neither are studs, I'm taking perriman, who is bigger, faster, and had a better year in a limited sample size last year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Perriman has been bad for his career until cleveland, brown has been average for his whole career. 

Neither are studs, I'm taking perriman, who is bigger, faster, and had a better year in a limited sample size last year.

If neither are studs I’m taking the guy who has been avg over his career than the one was bad. If Baker can make a bad WR look avg, what could he make an avg WR look like? Bigger and faster don’t really make Perriman better since it has never been a difference maker for him in his career. 

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

So why change whatis working?  ya all cant have it both ways. 

100 targets at 22ypc and 60% reception rate is money.

Unless Callaway is getting busted for drugs I don't want Brown. 

If we have Callaway juice, Higgins, perriman, Duke, we dont need brown

I’m not arguing for or against Brown (but he has been better than Perriman thus far), just pointing out the flaw in logic.

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

If neither are studs I’m taking the guy who has been avg over his career than the one was bad. If Baker can make a bad WR look avg, what could he make an avg WR look like? Bigger and faster don’t really make Perriman better since it has never been a difference maker for him in his career. 

A part from last year. 

I'd rather not invest heavily at wr, I'll take a cheaper  more effective perriman over a more expensive average brown.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not arguing for or against Brown (but he has been better than Perriman thus far), just pointing out the flaw in logic.

I dont disagree that he has been better, a part from last year on a per target basis. 

Obviously the quality of Baker and Lamar, and sample sizes are issues, but I'll take perriman by the eye test and the per target basis, I have never been impressed with perriman or brown, until last season. 

I'm willing to be wrong, but I think we only need perriman for end around and go routes, slants and posts and then Duke, higgins, and juice can do the rest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

A part from last year. 

I'd rather not invest heavily at wr, I'll take a cheaper  more effective perriman over a more expensive average brown.

Not like one or the other is going to break the bank or sign a huge contract that will carry over for the next 5 years. 

This is literally the offseason to spend money because every one of the contracts should be off the books by the time it comes to resigning Baker and Ward. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Not like one or the other is going to break the bank or sign a huge contract that will carry over for the next 5 years. 

This is literally the offseason to spend money because every one of the contracts should be off the books by the time it comes to resigning Baker and Ward. 

It is never the time to sign bad free agents. 

I'd take brown if he was cheap, I'd rather take perriman for potentially cheaper.