2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

Just now, Horseunit said:

No doubt he is a valuable player, that is why teams are inquiring about his availability.  But if he's not happy here and we can sell while  his value is high I think you jump at that chance.  I would hope we could recoup a 3rd which is the round he was drafted and at the very least a 4th for him.  Anything less then that I'd say no deal.  I still think the running back position is undervalued across the league, so lets at least see what teams offer.    

Id be surprised if we got a 4th, I think we get a 4th and a 7th the same as jarvis.

duke is an awesome football player, if he was a little faster he would be a pro bowl RB imo.

1 hour ago, Horseunit said:

No doubt he is a valuable player, that is why teams are inquiring about his availability.  But if he's not happy here and we can sell while  his value is high I think you jump at that chance.  I would hope we could recoup a 3rd which is the round he was drafted and at the very least a 4th for him.  Anything less then that I'd say no deal.  I still think the running back position is undervalued across the league, so lets at least see what teams offer.    

I like this mindcharacter better.

36 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Trey Flowers is allegedly looking at 14 mil a year. I’d do it. Get rid of Collins and we can easily do it. You’re talking 2 mil difference for a player who’s clearly better.

Another patriot outside the system? Not crazy about that for 14M

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I can’t wait for us to say we shouldn’t give Myles Garrett 20-25 million a year in a few years because that’s what is going to happen.

Who’s gonna say that?

Trey Flowers is a 7 sack a year guy playing in a scheme that is notorious for making great use of a player’s skill set.  I can’t think of anyone other than Chandler Jones who’s done as well elsewhere as they did in NE.

Why is that guy worth 14 million per year?

You seem to think that because people hesitate at paying any mediocre talent 10+ million just because we have it we won’t want to pay for Garrett or Baker or Ward.

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who’s gonna say that?

Trey Flowers is a 7 sack a year guy playing in a scheme that is notorious for making great use of a player’s skill set.  I can’t think of anyone other than Chandler Jones who’s done as well elsewhere as they did in NE.

Why is that guy worth 14 million per year?

You seem to think that because people hesitate at paying any mediocre talent 10+ million just because we have it we won’t want to pay for Garrett or Baker or Ward.

I GUARANTEE there will be people on here skiddish the first time Myles contract gets brought up. Our fan base has been conditioned by past cheap GMs to believe you can’t win by spending money.

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I GUARANTEE there will be people on here skiddish the first time Myles contract gets brought up. Our fan base has been conditioned by past cheap GMs to believe you can’t win by spending money.

Someone perhaps, but not many.

I think we all expect a contract north of what Mack and Donald just signed.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I can’t wait for us to say we shouldn’t give Myles Garrett 20-25 million a year in a few years because that’s what is going to happen.

25M per would be something to be worried about. That’s more than Mack got. Unless we see the cap continue to go up. But bakers mega deal will be the year after.