2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

15 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah I remember harping on Zeit in the early parts of the season. The dude turned it around when Baker came in and really turned it up once Freddie was OC. 

Don't you see how that's a problematic statement, though?  I mean, the guy has been in the league six or seven seasons now.  I can understand that everything got better once Hue left, but it was pretty much only the offensive line and wide receivers that appeared to magically improve.  Can we give Baker the (lion's share of) credit that he deserves?  We know how good Zeitler is.  He's a (slightly?) above average starter at guard who is making huge money and is nearing decline time for most guards who are not elite.  I'd rather trade him for good value a year early than a year late.  He's not an LT, QB, RDE, CB/WR1 etc.

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Kevin Johnson isn’t good. But I thought the same thing about Mitchell last year before we signed him and he was decent. Hopefully he’d just be depth if we signed him. 

He’s coming in tomorrow!!!!!!

I'm hyped!! He’s a good player just been injured 

give him an EJ Gaines contract and LETS GO 

Bradley Roby next I think he’s a player just needs a change of scenery as well

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

If Corbett is meant to be a starter, then I understand trading Ziegler. I don’t understand what the plan with Corbett is.

I’d rather wait another year and see what Corbett looks like if he gets a chance to play. Ideally I’d rather have him replace tretter when his deal is up. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Don't you see how that's a problematic statement, though?  I mean, the guy has been in the league six or seven seasons now.  I can understand that everything got better once Hue left, but it was pretty much only the offensive line and wide receivers that appeared to magically improve.  Can we give Baker the (lion's share of) credit that he deserves?  We know how good Zeitler is.  He's a (slightly?) above average starter at guard who is making huge money and is nearing decline time for most guards who are not elite.  I'd rather trade him for good value a year early than a year late.  He's not an LT, QB, RDE, CB/WR1 etc.

I think folks are cool with trading him if we get something of value in return, it’s the idea of cutting an above average starter to clear cap space that has everyones panties in a bunch.

We'd save about 1 million if we just cut Zeitler - that makes absolutely NO sense at all.

We'd save 5-6'ish million if we trade him.

I think it's pretty clear that any 'moving on' from Zeitler would involve a trade, one that would net us something valuable in return.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Per OBR

IF a trade went down it would look something  like this  

Zeitler

Ogbah

Kindred

2020 1st

2019 Pats 3rd or Browns 4th

For

OBJ

Maybe another, lower level or bad contract, player

honestly id be pretty happy with this
obj is a literal game changer.  ogbah is gonna be a tough question to solve for next year.  is he worth it? prob not.  kindred is a 2m salary dump.  that 1st is valued at a 2nd this year.  extra pick from danny shelton.

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I just have a hard time thinking this many players would be involved. I’ve never seen a trade with this many players in it. Usually just one or two with picks. 

Only one I can ever think of was when Mangini made that trade to NYJ and we got like 5 bums from them.

• Like 1