Week 8 GDT: Baltimore Ravens @ Carolina Panthers

iknowcool

Thankfully there won't be a 35 year old receiver looking for revenge 

steve-smith.gif

or a feller by the name of Brian St. Pierre at QB for us this time around against the Ravens.

We're on an 8 game winning streak at home, longest in the NFL

This is gonna be a low-scoring game so it could go either way.  Our secondary matches up fairly well with their receivers, they have injuries on the offensive line, and Flacco isn't typically the kind of QB we struggle against.  But there isn't much of a reason to think we'll have much success against their defense either.  It really will come down to turnovers.

6 minutes ago, James said:

I was going to say that I won't be convinced that we're a good team until we play the Saints. Then I looked it up and see that we play them weeks 15 and 17. What type of scheduling is that?

So stupid.  The way the season is going though... those games are gonna be bonkers when it comes to seeding.

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

So stupid.  The way the season is going though... those games are gonna be bonkers when it comes to seeding.

Maybe we get lucky and the Saints are locked in as the #2 seed for the last game, though they're not usually known for resting starters.

3 minutes ago, James said:

Maybe we get lucky and the Saints are locked in as the #2 seed for the last game, though they're not usually known for resting starters.

Hopefully it doesn't come down to that. I feel like our best route to where we wanna go is the #2 seed.  Not so much because of the bye week but because it means we'd only have to play the Rams in the NFC Championship game.  Trying to hold off that battle for as long as possible lol

Rams have a super tough schedule coming up.  Who knows.  NFL season is always best when the Panthers are in the thick of things.

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Hopefully it doesn't come down to that. I feel like our best route to where we wanna go is the #2 seed.  Not so much because of the bye week but because it means we'd only have to play the Rams in the NFC Championship game.  Trying to hold off that battle for as long as possible lol

Rams have a super tough schedule coming up.  Who knows.  NFL season is always best when the Panthers are in the thick of things.

That 3-game stretch being a fight between us and the Saints (with the Falcons playing spoiler) for the 2 seed would be great.

We might've used up too much of our luck today though. Hopefully we kept enough to avoid playing the Saints again in the Wild Card round xD

Archived