Week 8: Philadelphia Eagles (3-4) vs Jacksonville Jaguars (3-4) - Apathy in London

Adrenaline_Flux

14 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Don’t get me wrong I don’t think any 1 person has to take the same path as everyone else to greatness. But do you believe that Blake is going to go against and buck the trend and take his game and improve any more in his play than what he is doing now? Because personally to me it looks like Blake has reached his zenith this is as good as Blake is going to get. He is who we thought he was.

It seems like you’re arguing two different things simultaneously. On the one hand, you’re arguing that his prototype never had a chance from the beginning, whereas with posts like this, you’re saying he won’t become great now that we have 5 years of development to look at.

They’re two different arguments. Players who need to develop fundamentals can become great still. Players who haven’t developed consistent fundamentals after 5 years in the NFL probably won’t. 

On 28/10/2018 at 10:51 AM, DuvalsKing said:

We are talking the QB position name me a QB that didn’t play QB from the womb that got to college and you said that’s a top flight NFL QB? 

I don't think it's necessarily about how long the guy has played the QB position, so much as how naturally it comes to them.  Part of that is just in being groomed for the role from a young age, but some of it is just natural talent.  And at the end of the day, Blake Bortles is not a natural thrower of the football.  It just makes everything from there on out that much more difficult at what is already the most difficult position on the field.  It's just one more thing to worry about, that shouldn't need to be worried about.  There's so much to the position...but fundamentally it boils down to "throw the ball to the receiver"...and Bortles consistently struggles with the mechanics and comfortability of the "throwing the ball" part.  Just compounds with all the other flaws he has as a QB and decisionmaker on top of that.

Of all the mistakes he’s made, that’s one of the more forgivable ones imo. The pocket gave out and he started running. Being 4th down, it’s easy to go one track and just make sure you get the first down and keep the drive alive. 

Absolutely not good. But it’s not like he ate a sack or threw to a covered receiver and ended the drive. 

Archived