GDT: Raiders - Colts

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Good news is that they are all 1 year deals.

Our corners are actually not bad at all. The problem is our safeties and LB are terrible. 

We had no pass rush again and we all know the reason for that. 

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Who do we blame for the run defense in this one? DL or LB?

Guenther has not called a good game. Hasn't addressed the TE issue at all.

Dont really have anybody that can cover TEs. Gilchrist is garbage overall and Joseph could NEVER cover TEs to save his life. 

Just now, oakdb36 said:

And you put him on this D and we're still trash.

I think I'd rather have him though. Would be easier to improve with him around. Mack would certainly open things up for other pass rushers and defend the run well at minimum. Our pass D has had good and bad moments, but I think they're closer to trash. LBs are pretty garbage. Not sure what the hell they were thinking with Whitehead at WLB. SLB? Sure.

Atleast teams had to plan around Mack, they just take what they want now. Believe it or not we will never be good at defense on all three levels in today's NFL, the best you can hope for is great players to cause disruption for a few drives per game like Mack did, oh well.

11 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

We weren't a lot better when he was on the team. And that's not hypothetical, that's fact.

True but I think he's worth the cost of 3 meh players. Mack can elevate a defense from 32 to 25 alone. Which, if you have a good offense, is huge.

How would you have approached the situation? Or are you saying its better to not waste time on the same thing over and over?

Archived