GDT: Raiders - Colts

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

1 minute ago, Nodisrespect said:

Atleast teams had to plan around Mack, they just take what they want now. Believe it or not we will never be good at defense on all three levels in today's NFL, the best you can hope for is great players to cause disruption for a few drives per game like Mack did, oh well.

Exactly, now we have nothing. Add in the terrible FA additions and the defense is an absolute mess. We’ve improved the Cb position with the addition of Worley but DRC and Hall are short term additions. Conley looks good to me. 

2 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

True but I think he's worth the cost of 3 meh players. Mack can elevate a defense from 32 to 25 alone. Which, if you have a good offense, is huge.

How would you have approached the situation? Or are you saying its better to not waste time on the same thing over and over?

Joel Segal is a snake. Dallas will see.

Just now, Dessie said:

Exactly, now we have nothing. Add in the terrible FA additions and the defense is an absolute mess. We’ve improved the Cb position with the addition of Worley but DRC and Hall are short term additions. Conley looks good to me. 

I'd love Darqueeze Dennard in FA. Dennard, Conley, Worley, Nelson, and bring Hall back another year. I love Hall. He's clearly lost athleticism but he can teach and makes occasional plays. Would need a vet voice in the CB room with that crew too.

I forgot how good our Ds were when Mack was a Raider. Did you all notice KNJ is running a pretty good D in Seattle? How come he couldn't do it with us? Because most of our players were trash and Mack wasn't enough to overcome that.

1 minute ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Because he got Mack more money? Honestly, I would have been fine sucking it up and paying him 22 before Donald got his deal.

23.5 is brutal. Exactly. He's a great agent, but he doesn't care where the player goes as long as they get the bag. For a team, that's bad news with trying to extend in house players.

3 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I'd love Darqueeze Dennard in FA. Dennard, Conley, Worley, Nelson, and bring Hall back another year. I love Hall. He's clearly lost athleticism but he can teach and makes occasional plays. Would need a vet voice in the CB room with that crew too.

Draft picks too.

6 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

After this years FA haul and the trade of Mack I have little faith in Gruden identifying defensive talent or knowing what to do with it.

Let’s face it the only thing Gruden has brought so far is the word ‘dysfunctional ‘ back to the Raiders. 

13 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

How would you have approached the situation? Or are you saying its better to not waste time on the same thing over and over?

We should have re-signed Mack in 2017 when it would have been much cheaper. And i'm mostly tired of hearing about Mack. This forum sounds like the heartbreak hotel for about 2 months now.

18 minutes ago, Nodisrespect said:

Atleast teams had to plan around Mack, they just take what they want now. Believe it or not we will never be good at defense on all three levels in today's NFL, the best you can hope for is great players to cause disruption for a few drives per game like Mack did, oh well.

Disagree. Many good teams have at least average and often good players at all levels of the defense.

One great player can't plug like 5 defensive holes, as much as we'd like that.

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Draft picks too.

Would prefer to use those on WR, RB, and LB before CB. 

4 minutes ago, Dessie said:

After this years FA haul and the trade of Mack I have little faith in Gruden identifying defensive talent or knowing what to do with it.

Let’s face it the only thing Gruden has brought so far is the word ‘dysfunctional ‘ back to the Raiders. 

I don't have a ton of faith either, but we're stuck with him so let's see what he does. The bigger thing that miffs me is how poorly the coaches judged the roster. Like, every new HC hire has to figure out if they like the guys or not before FA and go from there. Given by how much they changed their opinions so far, they messed up badly. We had more than one offseason's worth of holes. But dang dude.

Just now, Silver&Black88 said:

I don't have a ton of faith either, but we're stuck with him so let's see what he does. The bigger thing that miffs me is how poorly the coaches judged the roster. Like, every new HC hire has to figure out if they like the guys or not before FA and go from there. Given by how much they changed their opinions so far, they messed up badly. We had more than one offseason's worth of holes. But dang dude.

Ya probs. I'm hoping we go DE, LB, and S and snag a WR in the 2nd in a pretty deep class. The FA WR class isn't shabby either.

4 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Fair enough. 

We signed Carr in 2017 I doubt we could have afforded both Mack and Carr in the same year. As Mack has said it would have helped if Gruden had actually contacted him and told him how important he was and how much he wanted him to stay, the fact he didn’t do anything speaks volumes. 

1 minute ago, Silver&Black88 said:

The lack of strategy in addition to the personnel decisions are a concern. In Guenthers defense he likes pressure from the front 4 and varied coverages on the back end. Trading Mack and picking up the likes of Whitehead, DJ, Carradine Gilchrist, and Melvin don’t appear to fit that. 

Archived