GDT: Raiders - Colts

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

4 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

They did have a team meeting and Mack didn’t show up.

Mack wanting to be the highest paid player in NFL and he didn’t care which team paid him.

I have respect for that  but don’t say he’s blameless 

I didnt say he is blameless. Blame goes both ways for sure. 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

As usual you respond to everything except the critics of Carr. Respond to the critics. QBs are going to get pressured even the great ones with great systems. They dont fold, push ball down field. That's all most want to see from Carr. He did look elite on 16. But I dont think he will have that kind of oline play ever again. What he did yesterday was impressive. The oline played better. But it wasnt super elite like 16 and carr played good. That's what most want to see.

The type of QB you’re talking about is an all time legendary QB. Most QBs in the nfl breakdown when the system breaks. Everyone wants an elite QB but the thing is they don’t come around often. 

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Let me ask you this question and the answer is totally speculative.  If Brady was drafted in the 6th round by, let's say the Browns, would we be talking about Brady in the same light as we are today or would he have as many rings?  I say no, Bellichek has made Brady and Brady has helped make Bellicheck.  The system is they key here as we have all seen with every QB that steps in for Brady looks very good, becomes a FA and then plays average once they go to a new system.  

I'm a firm believer that cream always rises to the top. Brady's mindset and work ethic to be great would have elevated any coach/organization. Maybe not to the same heights as with Belichick and his scheming defensively, but he'd have been great regardless. Some guys just have it, Brady has it.

Brady has done less with more talent wise than arguably any QB. 

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

The type of QB you’re talking about is an all time legendary QB. Most QBs in the nfl breakdown when the system breaks. Everyone wants an elite QB but the thing is they don’t come around often. 

That's just not true though. I can name quite a few QBs that handle pressure better than Carr. They are not elite. Alex Smith not elite. Philip rivers not elite. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm a firm believer that cream always rises to the top. Brady's mindset and work ethic to be great would have elevated any coach/organization. Maybe not to the same heights as with Belichick and his scheming defensively, but he'd have been great regardless. Some guys just have it, Brady has it.

Brady has done less with more talent wise than arguably any QB. 

While I agree with what you're saying there are many examples of very talented players who have not been in ideal situations and their careers have faltered or ended because of the situation they were in.  Brady was put in a perfect situation/ scheme for him to be successful.  Look at Matt Cassel as an example.  Brady goes down, Cassel steps in and has a pro bowl type year (3700 and a 2 to 1 TD/INT ratio) signs a huge contract and goes to a system that is not NE's and he is a total bum.

If Brady would have started his career in 2002 and was taken 1 overall by the Texans like like David Carr he would have been so demoralized I doubt we would be talking about Brady in the same light we are today. 

My point is that it is easy to succeed and rise to the top when players fall into ideal situations.  Brady fell into an ideal situation, started winning and building confidence and the rest is history.  What I always am enamored with are players who are eilte on below average teams.  A few players come to mind when I am thinking of specific examples.  Players like Barry Sanders, AP and Tron who were on below average teams and were the sole focus of opposing D's and D coordinators yet still managed to dominate.  Those are players who can play in any scheme or system and preform at a Pro Bowl level year after year.  

12 hours ago, dante9876 said:

That's just not true though. I can name quite a few QBs that handle pressure better than Carr. They are not elite. Alex Smith not elite. Philip rivers not elite. 

Seriously? I know we're supposed to hate on our divisional foes but i got mad respect for Rivers. He's been a predominantly elite QB through his career including this year.

4 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Seriously? I know we're supposed to hate on our divisional foes but i got mad respect for Rivers. He's been a predominantly elite QB through his career including this year.

I was going to say the same thing. Rivers is my second least favorite QB after Brady, however i can’t deny that he’s been pretty elite his career here. He’s basically the AFC’s version of Tony Romo in that he puts up numbers but is forgotten because of the Brady Rodgers and whatever flavor of the year QB is good. If Rivers didn’t play for a totally cursed team he’d have a ring or two. He’s had a revolving door or pass catchers. 3 different head coaches. Season ending injuries to pretty much every single position on the team. The dude played the AFC championship game with a torn ACL and the only reason they lost is because their kicker missed a field goal. 

Hes an ahole, but he’s still pretty dang good. There’s a reason the titans where thinking of trading the number two pick for the guy. I wish they did and he got shipped out of the division. 

46 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I was going to say the same thing. Rivers is my second least favorite QB after Brady, however i can’t deny that he’s been pretty elite his career here. He’s basically the AFC’s version of Tony Romo in that he puts up numbers but is forgotten because of the Brady Rodgers and whatever flavor of the year QB is good. If Rivers didn’t play for a totally cursed team he’d have a ring or two. He’s had a revolving door or pass catchers. 3 different head coaches. Season ending injuries to pretty much every single position on the team. The dude played the AFC championship game with a torn ACL and the only reason they lost is because their kicker missed a field goal. 

Hes an ahole, but he’s still pretty dang good. There’s a reason the titans where thinking of trading the number two pick for the guy. I wish they did and he got shipped out of the division. 

I love Rivers. One of my favorite guys in the game. He's good dude off the field too. 

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I used to hate Rivers so much but somehow I like him now because I have a lot of respect for him as a player. Kinda whiny though. If the Chargers still owned us like they used to then maybe I would feel differently lol

I hated him early on but that '07 AFC Championship game changed the way i looked at him. Still to this day think if they were healthy theyd have won the Super Bowl that year but i cant remember a team so beat up in a conference championship. LT and Rivers were both playing on basically one leg, Merriman had to have like 4 surgeries after that game, Gates had to have a toe reconstructed, Neal and Hardwick were both hurt too. And they still only lost by 9 to an undefeated team in Foxboro with Brady in his prime. That was the game where i stopped hating Rivers and the Chargers so much.

Archived