Chargers DE Joey Bosa not 'anywhere near ready' to play despite recent progress

Chargers

Los Angeles Chargers star defensive end Joey Bosa is making progress from his midfoot sprain, but he is not, in the words of one source, "anywhere near ready to play right now."

The Chargers' wait for Bosa will continue into November, as the injury he suffered in early August is actually considered an eight-to-12-week injury for most players, according to a source.

Despite some improvement, Bosa still has not progressed to the point where he is going to be ready to practice this week and he is not expected to return to the Chargers' lineup in time for next Sunday's game against the Seattle Seahawks, according to the source

Bosa has been doing daily field workouts -- in fact, the Chargers did not bring him on their trip to Cleveland and London, and they left him behind so he could continue rehabbing and improving.

But Bosa still has not engaged in football activities, which is why it is difficult to predict when he will play his next game. "He's working his butt off," said one source. "He's just not there yet."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25105547/los-angeles-chargers-joey-bosa-not-anywhere-ready-play-recent-progress

This team has lied time and time over player injuries. I swear someone needs to get fired for this. We should have put Bosa on IR from day 1 and made trades earlier in the season. Now our SB hopes our dimmed because of this. 

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

Where would I rather be? Los Angeles with great women and weather. Or Green Bay where it's cold and dreary all the time? They have beer and cheese I guess...?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he went to a Florida team. That's where he's from. Go home to the Dolphins and enjoy no state tax.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Bosa just biding his time before he can leave Los Angeles and play for Green Bay. 

This just might happen, the Bosa family really is all about themselves and his younger brother is already finished with Ohio State. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded him next season if this mysterious injury holds over to next year.

33 minutes ago, Classic said:

This just might happen, the Bosa family really is all about themselves and his younger brother is already finished with Ohio State. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded him next season if this mysterious injury holds over to next year.

Really bro?

11 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Everything’s fine. Week-to-week at this point he’s ramping up just a little behind schedule. To hell with the outside noise he’s a team guy and will be back before you know it and maybe Hunter as well. 

Honestly doubt Hunter will be back until next season.  He tore his ACL which is much longer than a 6 month recovery

3 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Honestly doubt Hunter will be back until next season.  He tore his ACL which is much longer than a 6 month recovery

8-12 months. 8 months in December. It’s very slim but I’m not ruling it completely out right now. 

Archived