Pre-Season Week 2 GDT : Falcons @ Steelers

steelcurtain29

Allen has looked better each week and he has no competition at the moment.  Sutton and Golson are MIA.  They know Gay is shot for how they WANT to play. 

For DHB it was after he went through a day of camp where he caught 26% of the passes thrown to him.  Allen or Dixon can take his place on ST.  WR position is loaded for the Steelers right now.  DHB give nothing.

I think Allen would be scooped up if he were put on the PS. There are just so many bad CBs in the League that his potential would cause a team(s) to cut a bad CB and sign him to the 53 knowing he could handle 5 CB duties and possibly a #1 in the years to  come.

Agreed no Allen.  He was my 2nd favorite pick for the Steelers this year.  I had him on my radar as a high ceiling, mid-round value pick early on.  He is raw but certainly has all the raw abilities you look for and the Steelers certainly need some more young DBs.  

The Steelers are probably better off keeping Allen and playing him than some of the names above him. The CB depth chart sucks. If the guy even remotely picks up the defense and shows some intelligence, you keep him. I get a real laugh out of all this talk over how many CB's they're going to keep. As if that's going to make the difference. One more subpar player will do the trick...

Cockrell is a relatively smart football player with mediocre athletic ability. The secondary right now is where the OL was in 2012 - at best. I just hope that last year was its biggest step back and not this one. I want to believe Burns and Davis will make a jump, but even if they do, that still won't be enough for what this team will need to get out of the AFC. Because it's not just NE they need to worry about.

This roster is just not stronger than it was last year. Short of having Bell for 16 games - maybe - and Bryant being back, they've done little to upgrade. They are counting on luck, health, and development to make the difference. I'm not convinced of any of that. And you can't even count on them to be a playoff team. Bell being gone may be the best thing that happens to this team, frankly, because Tomlin-Haley can't even make that work correctly. That's not an indictment of Bell, but of the coaches. The best strength this team has won't be used to its full potential.

Archived