5 up, 5 down

LETSGOBROWNIES

Up

1. Denzel Ward: Another week, another fine performance.  Kid is a player.

2. Nick Chubb: The statline wasn't great, but he played really well.  It would be concerning that our coaches couldn’t identify his talents sooner if they weren’t lame ducks.

3. Baker: Another player whose statline won’t wow you, but he wasn’t given much to work with.  With the exception of the awful throw when he was already down, he avoided bonehead plays and tuenovers.

No one else deserves mentioning tbh....

Down

1. Jarvis Landry:  If I’m being honest I’m not entirely certain Duke couldn’t outproduce Landry if given the same targets.  He’s doing nothing and being force fed the ball.

2. Our offensive coaches: No adjustments, nothing sharp or creative. They for whatever reason refuse to give Harrison help.

3. The OL: Sure the coaches did them no favors, but they got beat like rented mules today.

4. Myles. The sack was nice, but that was it.  One tackle ain’t gonna cut it.

5. Defensive effort.  They outhustled, out hit, and outworked us the whole second half.  It was embarrassing imo.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Up

1. Denzel Ward: Another week, another fine performance.  Kid is a player.

2. Nick Chubb: The statline wasn't great, but he played really well.  It would be concerning that our coaches couldn’t identify his talents sooner if they weren’t lame ducks.

He is a freaking man, i love Chubb. 

3. Baker: Another player whose statline won’t wow you, but he wasn’t given much to work with.  With the exception of the awful throw when he was already down, he avoided bonehead plays and tuenovers.

No one else deserves mentioning tbh....

Down

1. Jarvis Landry:  If I’m being honest I’m not entirely certain Duke couldn’t outproduce Landry if given the same targets.  He’s doing nothing and being force fed the ball.

2. Our offensive coaches: No adjustments, nothing sharp or creative. They for whatever reason refuse to give Harrison help.

I think 1. is happening because of 2. Our coaches are clueless. Since joe blew out his tricep vs the titans our LT has needed help. I can't remember a game where we have helped our LT. It is actually mental. 

3. The OL: Sure the coaches did them no favors, but they got beat like rented mules today.

totally agree, Tretter should of been benched if Corbet is worth a damn. I have had a look through Dorseys draft record, he sucks at drafting olinemen and never seems to pick the best one available. Get used to it buddyboi. 

4. Myles. The sack was nice, but that was it.  One tackle ain’t gonna cut it.

5. Defensive effort.  They outhustled, out hit, and outworked us the whole second half.  It was embarrassing imo.

they gave up, and they were gassed. Peope didn't commit to there run assignments. 

We can't gameplan around our denfense, Greg is too scared not to have Myles on the field, also I think Nassib would be nice right now. 

Can't think of any up, unless another nail in Huey's coffin counts.

Five down:

1. OL super sucked throughout the game;

2. D started great but didn't adjust after PIT did;

3. Mayfield was way overmatched;

4. O play calling was abysmal as usual; and

5. Another team scores TDs while we kick and sometimes miss FGs.

38 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It was amazing seeing an aerial view of #51 loafing after James Conner. The defense seemed to follow his lead there. Pitiful. 

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

It was amazing seeing an aerial view of #51 loafing after James Conner. The defense seemed to follow his lead there. Pitiful. 

I’m not condoning it, but I’ve seen defenses get worn down enough to recognize it.

Gregggg needed to get a little deeper into his bench, especially on some of the longer drives.

OP pretty much says it all.

Up

1.Officiating was better this week. Didn't need it though, we didn't play well enough for it to matter.

Down

1. Looks as if the team is dragging Mayfield to their level opposed to how he was supposed to bring them up to his.

2. Chubb is probably next. Can't help but fear he will start dancing behind the line because that is what Browns RBs of past did.

3. Probably should have another kicker search.

4. Need to start a HC search.

5. May need an OC search, not seeing anything being done to change things up when things aren't working.

56 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not condoning it, but I’ve seen defenses get worn down enough to recognize it.

Gregggg needed to get a little deeper into his bench, especially on some of the longer drives.

I don’t put it all on Jamie, and I agree about Williams. I think there’s an issue here though. Who is our defensive leader going to be? Most teams have a fiery defender out there barking at the defense and keeping them going. Some locker room accountability on both sides of the ball. I don’t see any leadership out there. I get that not every leader is over the top vocal, but they just looked apathetic. Myles looked disinterested too. Watching crap like that makes me care even less if we clean house entirely of our coaching staff.

Just now, NateDawg said:

I don’t put it all on Jamie, and I agree about Williams. I think there’s an issue here though. Who is our defensive leader going to be? Most teams have a fiery defender out there barking at the defense and keeping them going. Some locker room accountability on both sides of the ball. I don’t see any leadership out there. I get that not every leader is over the top vocal, but they just looked apathetic. Myles looked disinterested too. 

I think it’s Schobert...

But yeah, Myles isn’t a rah rah guy, he’s low key.  Need more effort from him though, and less snaps could help.

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

I don’t put it all on Jamie, and I agree about Williams. I think there’s an issue here though. Who is our defensive leader going to be? Most teams have a fiery defender out there barking at the defense and keeping them going. Some locker room accountability on both sides of the ball. I don’t see any leadership out there. I get that not every leader is over the top vocal, but they just looked apathetic. Myles looked disinterested too. 

Schobert didn't play

@bruceb @LETSGOBROWNIES Agreed about Schobert. It was just apparent how we missed him all around. I’d like to see a bit more out of Kirksey right now to fill the gap. 

The rotation is super light though. Either we have no depth or Gregggg just doesn’t trust the reserves at all. Nassib was mediocre, but if he did one thing the past two years, he was good for some reps. We have guys like Chris Smith and Chad Thomas just munching up roster spots. 

@bruceb @LETSGOBROWNIES Agreed about Schobert. It was just apparent how we missed him all around. I’d like to see a bit more out of Kirksey right now to fill the gap. 

Yeah it should be Kirksey.

The rotation is super light though. Either we have no depth or Gregggg just doesn’t trust the reserves at all. Nassib was mediocre, but if he did one thing the past two years, he was good for some reps. We have guys like Chris Smith and Chad Thomas just munching up roster spots. 

Not sure what Chad Thomas is doing right now tbh.  At least Chris Smith sees the field.

Archived