2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

5 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Won't matter if we run jet sweeps with Dwayne Harris at the 1 🐸☕️

We trade a good FB and settle for the clown we got now. We run Keith Smith over marshawn at the 1 and failed. That play summed up this entire season. Anytime you see a highlight vs the Raider Reggie Nelson was usually responsible.

18 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

All we need is a big bruiser like warren maybe to complete our rb core plus a new fb 

I mean, Martin is a bruiser. Have you seen how he finishes his runs?

I was looking at receivers who might get cut this offseason and I'd be really interested in the following players:

• Devante Parker: I really liked him coming out. He flashes between his bouts of injury. I think he can easily become an 800-900 yard guy with touchdown upside in the Raiders offense.
  • Marvin Jones: I really like Marvin Jones as a match for Derek Carr. As a jump-ball player, he's in the same class as someone like Davante Adams who Carr has so much success with at Fresno State. My main concern is if he'd be a fit in Gruden's scheme.
  • Mohamed Sanu: I think Sanu would be an easy fit for Gruden's scheme despite me not being crazy about him as a player. He'd have to be a complimentary piece, so I would like to pair him with a couple other receivers like the ones above

11 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I mean, Martin is a bruiser. Have you seen how he finishes his runs?

I was looking at receivers who might get cut this offseason and I'd be really interested in the following players:

• Devante Parker: I really liked him coming out. He flashes between his bouts of injury. I think he can easily become an 800-900 yard guy with touchdown upside in the Raiders offense.
  • Marvin Jones: I really like Marvin Jones as a match for Derek Carr. As a jump-ball player, he's in the same class as someone like Davante Adams who Carr has so much success with at Fresno State. My main concern is if he'd be a fit in Gruden's scheme.
  • Mohamed Sanu: I think Sanu would be an easy fit for Gruden's scheme despite me not being crazy about him as a player. He'd have to be a complimentary piece, so I would like to pair him with a couple other receivers like the ones above

I would love Sanu or Jones! Parker is meh. 

I like the potential Devante Parker pickup, a lot of untapped potential.... I also like Kevin White...Bears are so talented at wideout so White is in the doghouse but finally healthy... Bears just have a better version of White in Allen Robinson......    

White and Parker be nice pickups that can grow with the young core

4 hours ago, roi34 said:

Devante Parker shouldn't even be going be mentioned

Why not? He has flashed serious ability from time to time and is probably better than any receiver currently on the Raiders roster. Plus, he could be signed for virtually nothing and cut during camp at no cost.

When Parker produces, he looks like A.J. Green.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like the potential Devante Parker pickup, a lot of untapped potential.... I also like Kevin White...Bears are so talented at wideout so White is in the doghouse but finally healthy... Bears just have a better version of White in Allen Robinson......    

White and Parker be nice pickups that can grow with the young core

The difference between Parker and White is that Parker has proven he can produce here and there. White hasn't had any sort of meaningful production during his career. Maybe it was the injuries or maybe he just wasn't as good as I and others thought he was. It was probably a bit of both, but mostly the latter.

56 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Why not? He has flashed serious ability from time to time and is probably better than any receiver currently on the Raiders roster. Plus, he could be signed for virtually nothing and cut during camp at no cost.

When Parker produces, he looks like A.J. Green.

The difference between Parker and White is that Parker has proven he can produce here and there. White hasn't had any sort of meaningful production during his career. Maybe it was the injuries or maybe he just wasn't as good as I and others thought he was. It was probably a bit of both, but mostly the latter.

I'm a better wr then everyone on raiders roster lets not act like that's an accomplishment. Parker is never healthy to showcase talent. Sure he is worth a 1 mill 1 year flier. But he's not someone I'm counting on.

Draft a wr and grab a marvin Jones I'm ok with.

Archived