2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

46 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Couple things here (and I'm not pro signing Bell by any means)... the salary cap thing is so overblown. It's going to be like 190 mil this year. You can pay Bell and still focus on defense. 

As for Bell, I hate this indignant social media driven perception of the guy. He's a RB that Pitt piles carries on and wanted to get paid in a profession where injuries can end your career tomorrow. He has every right. So don't call the player a malcontent for wanting to be paid for his value. 

You said it... Bell is a top 5 RB in this league. You don't think a guy like Bell could 1) help your struggling QB 2) give your offense a shot in the arm and 3) be a player you build around for 4 or 5 years? Terrible fit? You see how many balls Richard is catching? Bell is the best pass catching RB in the league. He'd be a dynamo in ANY offense. 

He brings tons of drama, with the suspensions hold-outs etc. And it seems to me that he wasn't exactly, a locker room favorite in Pitt, guys calling him out and not having his back says a lot to me. At this point in time, id pass on Bell, hes getting up in age, going to be very expensive and how exactly would he mesh with Gruden? Way too many red flags, and we aren't in a position to take all that on. Great player, yes, but I don't believe he is the right fit, right now. 

2 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Personally would've hated Foster. One DV sitch is alarming enough but 2 with the same girl? To have her accuse you publicly, recant, and you still around her afterwards? That's just plain stupidity imo.

You're not wrong..... but do you remember being 24 and sprung on some chick? Can really play mind games with you lol

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

You're not wrong..... but do you remember being 24 and sprung on some chick? Can really play mind games with you lol

Naw. Not when they threaten everything. You job, your freedom. Naw he stupid. I honestly dont think she lied the first time. She just got that bag money, and didnt want to lose out on her future money.

3 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Personally would've hated Foster. One DV sitch is alarming enough but 2 with the same girl? To have her accuse you publicly, recant, and you still around her afterwards? That's just plain stupidity imo.

It’s the same chick? lolol hope they make an example out of him

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It’s the same chick? lolol hope they make an example out of him

Or her... It sounds like she's got some baggage and wrongful accusations perviously in another relationship. 

As in the Conley case, we need to start punishing these women making false claims. It's way to easy to easy to just scream abuse with no consequences if you're lying. 

Not saying Foster is innocent, but this chick sounds like bad news.

This sounds like Aldon Smith 2.0 there just drama around  this dude everywhere he goes. How do you get kicked out of the combine and get cut a day before you play a game. The dude sound like a real head case, i know the Raiders need a guy with his talents but the season is lost, let’s just weather the 2018 storm and look for LBs in 2019 FA/Draft market. 

56 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Or her... It sounds like she's got some baggage and wrongful accusations perviously in another relationship. 

As in the Conley case, we need to start punishing these women making false claims. It's way to easy to easy to just scream abuse with no consequences if you're lying. 

Not saying Foster is innocent, but this chick sounds like bad news.

He sounds stupid even “if” she’s the scam artist he’s stupid for allowing her to get close enough to try to bring him down again. He’s grown I have no sympathy for him.

18 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He sounds stupid even “if” she’s the scam artist he’s stupid for allowing her to get close enough to try to bring him down again. He’s grown I have no sympathy for him.

Oh he's dumb for that. But don't be acting like you've never made a mistake in life involving a women you just couldn't quit NCOUGH lol.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Oh he's dumb for that. But don't be acting like you've never made a mistake in life involving a women you just couldn't quit NCOUGH lol.

Lol dogg I’ve had some crazy chicks before frfr that put me in bad situations but false accusations with potential for jail time and money lost is too big of a red flag. I replace I don’t chase homie. I gotta keep my pockets big don’t care how fine she is I’ll hit the throttle on a model so quick. 

Archived