2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

37 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I would give a 2nd or 3rd......  his stock is at an all time low... be smart to buy now, he has top 5 RB potential and isn't in his prime yet

Seems risky doesn’t he have a messed up ankle that always seems to flare up.

13 minutes ago, Totty said:

31 years old.  Due an average of 17 million over the next few years but could come cheap....

Antonio Brown.  

Do you do it? I'm giddy at the thought of him and Carr together.  

Pass don't need a diva who is throwing football's at his qb and skipping meetings.

Sometimes others peoples trash is still trash. I like young upside guys. Not older vets with attitudes and big contract.

8 hours ago, roi34 said:

Pass don't need a diva who is throwing football's at his qb and skipping meetings.

Sometimes others peoples trash is still trash. I like young upside guys. Not older vets with attitudes and big contract.

Honestly this is the sort of thing I’d expect from a Gruden led team. 

Ever since the raiders picked up additional picks I’ve been trying to figure out who they might trade a pick for. I could see them sending one of the last firsts they have for him. 

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Honestly this is the sort of thing I’d expect from a Gruden led team. 

Ever since the raiders picked up additional picks I’ve been trying to figure out who they might trade a pick for. I could see them sending one of the last firsts they have for him. 

If he was 27 sure.. first for 31 yr old? Yuck

11 hours ago, Totty said:

31 years old.  Due an average of 17 million over the next few years but could come cheap....

Antonio Brown.  

Do you do it? I'm giddy at the thought of him and Carr together.  

NO.

Seems like he wants to force a trade imo and guys that do this kind of stuff will destroy your locker room QUICKLY!

Absolute no to AB at 31. I’d think about Fournette but I can’t act like I know enough about this attitude issues to make the right call. He’s talented for sure and his value is incredibly low. More talented than any back coming out this year and way cheaper (I’m assuming a 3/4th) could do it. 

2 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

More talented than any back coming out this year and way cheaper (I’m assuming a 3/4th) could do it. 

This is false. 

Fornette is a throwback power back who's missed 11 games in 2 seasons. He's not dynamic, just big with speed.

If we can get him for a 4th then yes he is more talented than anyone else we could get with that pick.  My concern is the time missed.  Talent does not matter when you are on the bench.  Does his running style fit our team?

I will pass on Brown for a high pick.  He is great but old, has personality concerns, and Carr seems to stay away from smaller WRs.  I do not like his cap numbers and would rather draft a WR.  He is going to make $3.5 million less a year than Mack.  Not a good value.  We would be better off taking that money and signing edge defenders.

Devil’s advocate here on Brown, if the Raiders trade the cowboys pick it would basically be trading Cooper for Brown. In my mind that’s a good trade. Many people here have bemoaned Cooper for not becoming Brown like or even a number 1 WR. Honestly he’d be the number one guy that this team has been missing for decades. You still draft a guy to eventually replace him but in the meantime you still have an elite guy at the position. 

Brown maybe a diva but the Steelers are pretty dysfunctional and it wouldn’t surprise me if they where on the way down. I think Brown wants to jump ship before the fall. 

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Ya'll are pretty choosy for fans of a 4-12 team.

Smart moves rebuilds. Bad moves of others bad locker players hurt building a team.

Rather draft young wr this year to go with nelson and sign a lower guy like a Tyrell Williams or conley type. That's a better option to get younger and better with nelson as vet.

Same with rb

54 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Devil’s advocate here on Brown, if the Raiders trade the cowboys pick it would basically be trading Cooper for Brown. In my mind that’s a good trade. Many people here have bemoaned Cooper for not becoming Brown like or even a number 1 WR. Honestly he’d be the number one guy that this team has been missing for decades. You still draft a guy to eventually replace him but in the meantime you still have an elite guy at the position. 

Brown maybe a diva but the Steelers are pretty dysfunctional and it wouldn’t surprise me if they where on the way down. I think Brown wants to jump ship before the fall. 

Brown hasn't helped Pitt win anything since he's been there and makes khalil mack type money. Horrible move and rather of paid mack 25 mill than brown 19 mill or whatever

Archived