2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

7 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Smart moves rebuilds. Bad moves of others bad locker players hurt building a team.

Rather draft young wr this year to go with nelson and sign a lower guy like a Tyrell Williams or conley type. That's a better option to get younger and better with nelson as vet.

Same with rb

I don't believe in rebuilds when you have a franchise QB. Antonio Brown is a HoF player playing at a HoF level and you're worried about the locker room. I'm not saying the Raiders must try to acquire Brown, but spare me the idea that adding Brown would be a bad move.

5 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Absolute no to AB at 31. I’d think about Fournette but I can’t act like I know enough about this attitude issues to make the right call. He’s talented for sure and his value is incredibly low. More talented than any back coming out this year and way cheaper (I’m assuming a 3/4th) could do it. 

I would try and get Fournette but only for the right price 4th round pick, we cant afford to give up a 3rd rounder in this draft

24 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Brown hasn't helped Pitt win anything since he's been there and makes khalil mack type money. Horrible move and rather of paid mack 25 mill than brown 19 mill or whatever

You seriously believe Brown hasn't helped Pittsburgh win anything?

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Your right they've won a super bowl with him as starting wr... oh wait. 

Damn, Randy Moss and T.O. actually garbo.

Also: Dan Marino, Adrian Peterson, LaDainian Tomlinson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre JohnsonJulio Jones, Calvin Johnson, Barry Sanders, etc. until infinity...

3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Damn, Randy Moss and T.O. actually garbo.

Also: Dan Marino, Adrian Peterson, LaDainian Tomlinson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre JohnsonJulio Jones, Calvin Johnson, Barry Sanders, etc. until infinity...

Did I say brown is garbage as a player? He's 31 passing his prime highly paid wr. Not the way to build a winner. And ur proving my point. Don't need a top 5 wr to win Superbowl. So thanks.

3 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Did I say brown is garbage as a player? He's 31 passing his prime highly paid wr. Not the way to build a winner. And ur proving my point. Don't need a top 5 wr to win Superbowl. So thanks.

But also having a great WR isn't prohibitive to winning. Having great players helps teams become good, which helps them win. 

26 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

But also having a great WR isn't prohibitive to winning. Having great players helps teams become good, which helps them win. 

Not when they become issues, make too much money and wrong side of 30

3 hours ago, roi34 said:

I agree 100%.  When I posted it I thought about all the highlight reel type plays Carr and Brown could create.  That makes me excited.  

When you think about where we are at as a franchise, it's not the right time.  We're building.  Not one piece away.  

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't believe in rebuilds when you have a franchise QB. Antonio Brown is a HoF player playing at a HoF level and you're worried about the locker room. I'm not saying the Raiders must try to acquire Brown, but spare me the idea that adding Brown would be a bad move.

Grudens offense is based on spreading the ball around and not one superstar WR.

Brown will hate it here.

5 hours ago, roi34 said:

Not when they become issues, make too much money and wrong side of 30

Brown does not make too much money. And he just posted 100+ catches, nearly 1,300 yards, and 15 TDs at 30. He has at least 2-3 years of elite production if he stays healthy. Gimme the issues--it's just football. Some of ya'll wanted to bring in Rueben Foster and give Aldon Smith another chance because those issues are just fine.

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Grudens offense is based on spreading the ball around and not one superstar WR.

Brown will hate it here.

Jordy Nelson had three 10+ target games since week 13.

I'm not saying it would necessarily be a good move to get Antonio Brown or that I would do it (I probably wouldn't), but to say it would be a bad move--depending on what the Raiders would give up--is wrong. AB is a legit great player.

Also, the Raiders are probably not trading for AB so it's a moot argument anyway.

Archived