2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

7 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Jordy Nelson had three 10+ target games since week 13.

I'm not saying it would necessarily be a good move to get Antonio Brown or that I would do it (I probably wouldn't), but to say it would be a bad move--depending on what the Raiders would give up--is wrong. AB is a legit great player.

Also, the Raiders are probably not trading for AB so it's a moot argument anyway.

I’m saying Brown will be unhappy with the amount of target and become a cancer in the locker room

7 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Jordy Nelson had three 10+ target games since week 13.

I'm not saying it would necessarily be a good move to get Antonio Brown or that I would do it (I probably wouldn't), but to say it would be a bad move--depending on what the Raiders would give up--is wrong. AB is a legit great player.

Also, the Raiders are probably not trading for AB so it's a moot argument anyway.

Is it though? Five months ago we were all saying the same thing about Mack. No one really knows with Gruden. 

Also people where praising the cowboys because Cooper is better than anybody they could draft this year. Well AB is arguably the best WR in the nfl. Plus it’s his route running that makes him special not just his athleticism. The dude could still be very good mid way into his 30s. 

20 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Is it though? Five months ago we were all saying the same thing about Mack. No one really knows with Gruden. 

Also people where praising the cowboys because Cooper is better than anybody they could draft this year. Well AB is arguably the best WR in the nfl. Plus it’s his route running that makes him special not just his athleticism. The dude could still be very good mid way into his 30s. 

Could.. at 20 mill per year but we wouldnt give that to mack? No thanks. 

40 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

This is a lie.

Looking at spotrac his cap hit would average that  but we would be on the hook for his base salary + roster bonus so:

2019 - $15.125 million

2020 - $11.3

2021 - $12.5

The Steelers would take a hit of $21.12 mil.  I do not see them doing it without receiving something substantial.

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Adam Humphries is a guy I'd like to see signed. Been a consistent slot receiver, great on 3rd downs. Quietly had an 800 yard, 5 TD season.

You palooka!

I was gonna put him on my offseason write up.

Yeah, Carr would love him. Great hands and knows how to run routes and get open. Would bring some quickness to the slot, which is sorely needed.

1996 Irving Fryar, 1195 yards 11 TD -- 34 years old
1997 Irving Fryar, 1316 yards 6 TD -- 35 years old
1998 Tim Brown, 1012 yards 9 TD -- 32 years old
1999 Tim Brown, 1334 yards 6 TD -- 33 years old
2000 Tim Brown, 1128 yards 11 TD -- 34 years old
2001 Tim Brown, 1165 yards 9 TD -- 35 years old
2001 Jerry Rice , 1139 yards 9 TD -- 39 years old
2002 Keenan McCardell, 670 yards 6 TD -- 32 years old
2002 Keyshawn Johnson , 1088 yards 5 TD -- 30 years old
2003 Keenan McCardell, 1178 yards 8 TD -- 33 years old
2003 Keyshawn Johnson, 600 yards 3 TD -- 31 years old
2004 Michael Clayton, 1193 yards 7 TD -- 22 years old
2004 Joey Galloway, 416 yards 5 TD -- 33 years old
2005 Michael Clayton, 372 yards 0 TD -- 23 years old
2005 Joey Galloway, 1287 yards 10 TD -- 34 years old
2006 Michael Clayton, 356 yards 1 TD -- 24 years old
2006 Joey Galloway, 1057 yards 7 TD -- 35 years old
2007 Michael Clayton, 301 yards 0 TD -- 25 years old
2007 Joey Galloway, 1014 yards 6 TD -- 36 years old
2007 Ike Hillard, 772 yards 1 TD -- 31 years old
2008 Antonio Bryant, 1248 yards 7 TD -- 27 years old

I don't think Jon Gruden will necessarily be big on the rookie WR being the guy if pressed with the option of Antonio Brown or a rookie. Nothing in his past says "I'd take a rookie over a HOF that is 30+". He tried it once, it was Michael Clayton who had his one year and busted hard after. Everyone else was old, except potentially Antonio Bryant who was cast off as finished in his own right even though he was talented and less than 30. I remember Bryant as a how did Gruden find this veteran signing after that year.

I don't see AB moving and if so... not here. Rather have fitz type and we have nelson already. So pair some young wrs with nelson and let em grow. 

Give me a john brown/conley/Eli Rogers. 

Sign one or two of those and draft rookie

I would like us to get a big WR for Carr and a quick, reliable slot guy too.

Since the draft seems to be pretty strong early with bigger WR's, it could be smart to go after a proven slot guy in FA. Humpries, Tate, Beasley...

Archived