2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

4 minutes ago, Rolni said:

I would like us to get a big WR for Carr and a quick, reliable slot guy too.

Since the draft seems to be pretty strong early with bigger WR's, it could be smart to go after a proven slot guy in FA. Humpries, Tate, Beasley...

Tate may cost more than I'd want to spend and beasle y prob stays in dallas.. Eli Rogers would be solid slot guy to get. Or if u want vet.. Cobb but he's hurt a lot

On 1/3/2019 at 4:31 PM, big_palooka said:

Adam Humphries is a guy I'd like to see signed. Been a consistent slot receiver, great on 3rd downs. Quietly had an 800 yard, 5 TD season.

Yeah I've always liked him. He is the reason I hope we draft Renfrow in the later rounds. Every game I watch when I see Renfrow  I think of Humphries. Clemson seems to churn out guys like that. First Adam then Tyler Grisham now Renfrow. My brother always jokes that it's just Humphries changing Jersey numbers and using fake names lol.

I was reading Malik Jackson could be cut in JAX. He is a damn good interior guy and is only 28. But at this point I rather just bring Hankins back, develop the rookies more and see if Ellis is back and healthy. Of course if Q Williams is there, I would pick him and solidify our interior for years. 

I wonder what type of impact our stadium issue is going to have on signing guys to 1 year prove it deals and long term contracts.  I read on ESPN that the Raiders better hope they have a location ready to go before free agency starts or we're going to be left in the dust.  I think Las Vegas is going to have a major impact on players signing long term contracts though.  The brand new stadium, the location, it's going to be great.  I hope to retire in Las Vegas now lol.

My free agent list-

RB: 

a few starting RBs hitting the market, a couple good back who can add depth(left out RFA)-

• Levon Bell(27)- Elite top 5 back. He is going to get paid big bucks by someone 
  • Mark Ingram(29)- getting close to 30, but might leave Saints to get paid and more carriers.. I would sign him on 2-3 year deal but no monster contract
  • Tevin Coleman(26) - didn't do much when Freeman went down. I'll just sign him to a year prove it deal.. wouldn't throw big money at him
  • TJ Yeldon(25) - guy I really want us to look at, stuck behind Fournette. coming off the best season of his career. Can run, and good pass catcher.. Hitting his prime
  • Marshawn Lynch(33)- looked good when healthy, but got hurt. Peterson,and Gore still getting the job done. Could leave to contender or retire
  • Tay Murray(29)- stuck as number 2 back with Vikings. Wants to be a starter again

guys who could add depth or fill a role-

• CJ Anderson (28) - really solid for the Rams towards the end of the season
  • Spencer Ware(27)- KC signed Damien Williams over him. Former starting KC Back
  • Doug Martin(30)- hamster still good depth
  • Bilan Powell(30)-  a good passing back, could bring competition to Richard
  • Mike Davis(26)- played really solid for Seahawks, could be off man out with Carson and Rashad Penny. Solid Running back

FB: 

could upgrade over Kevin Smith with a few guys-

• Mike Burton(27)- elite running backing FB..We should try to poach the Bears any chance we get
  • Anthony Sherman(30)- only other FB of note.... stud run blocker, special teamer, and better ball skills than K Smith

WR:

no number 1 WRs, market has more WR2/Slot-

• Golden Tate(31)- top WR on market, probably looking for last payday... Not sure his is worth it
  • John Brown(29)- deep threat, but has a history of injuries 
  • Adam Humphries(26)- tore it up this season. Bucs might release Desean Jackson and ink Adam.. Perfect Slot
  • Jamison Crowder(26)- has talent to be a solid slot, but he is coming off an injury riddled 2018. Could be a good buy low, went to Duke(smart WR)
  • Tyrell Williams(27)- 6'4 with deep speed, might leave LA to get paid

guys who could be camp invites with the hope they surprise and make plays(cheap depth)-

• Kelvin Benjamin 
  • Donte Moncrief
  • Bresad Perriman- played well to end the season for Browns, deep speed
  • Devin Funches
  • Ryan Grant
  • Bruce Ellington
  • Jermaine Kearse
  • Chris Conely
  • Martavis Bryant
  • Phillip Dorsett
  • Kevin White

TE: 

Cook could walk for a major pay day, would like to sign Cook on a 2year deal-

• Eric Ebron(26)- going get paid big, after a monster 2018 year
  • Tyler Eifert(28)- has talent, but too injury prone

RT:  

we can agree Brandon Parker is a project-

• Ja'Wan James(27) - starting RT from Dolphins looking to get paid
  • Daryl Williams(27)- starting tackle from Panthers set to hit the market... 
  • Bobby Massie(30)- starting RT from the Bears, would be another chance to poach the Bears.. Could be a good stopgap to see if Brandon Parker develops
  • George Fant(26)- ties to Cable, maybe ready to handle being a RT?
  • Matt Feiler(27)- from Steelers with experience at RT
  • Ty Nsekhe(33)- old vet who played well at LT/RT. could be brought in to challenge and mentor Parker
  • Donovan Smith(26) former high pick who failed at LT, but looked better at RT
  • Cameron Fleming(26)- another experienced RT from Cowboys/Pats
  • Ty Sambrailo(26)- played well as Falcons RT
  • Seantrel Henderson(26)- starting Texans RT, missed entire season after he broke his ankle

DE:

Raiders need to improve the pass rush-

• Jadevon Clowney(26)- going to demand a lot of Benjamins
  • Demarcus Lawerence(27)- see above
  • Trey Flowers(26)- great pass rusher, Pats have been cheap in the past
  • Frank Clark(26)- great class of DEs in free agency
  • Brandon Graham(31)-
  • Preston Smith(26)- stud in all aspects
  • Ezekiel Ansah(30)-
  • Dante Fowler(25)- potential type of pickup
  • Derrick Morgan(30)-
  • Margus Hunt(32)-
  • Chris Long(34)- legacy player who has great leadership

guys who could be brought in for depth in a unit that needs pass rush(only 13 sacks in 2018)

• Randy Gregory(26)- character issues drives his value down low, but pressures the QB
  • Romeo Okwara(24)- broke out with 7 sacks last year
  • Kerry Hyder(28)- injured last year, but has had a solid career as a starter
  • Kony Ealy(27)- knows the system, he can turn it around
  • Benson Mayowa(28)- close to 5 sacks, he need more sacks
  • Dion Jordan(29)- low risk, still has untapped potential 

DT: we have Hurst and Hall as a young pair, and possibly Ellis coming back as NT. still be wise to invest in trenches, as our DL is still a weak link

Interior Stud Pass Rushers-

• Grady Jarrett(26) - doubt we land him, similar to Hurst and going to demand big money
  • David Irving(26)- Injured in 2018, but is an elite player when healthy
  • Sheldon Richardson(28)- interior pass rusher, we had chances to sign him and passed

Run Stuffers-

• John Hankins(26)- NT guys who can add depth and plug the run, maybe we can sign for value and improve the overall talent of the weak DLine
  • Christian Covington(25)- NT- see above
  • Darius Philon(25)- NT also had 4 sacks
  • Tyeler Davison(26)- NT see above

guys who can bring in cheap depth(pass rush or NT)-

• Roy Robertson Harris(26)- would also weaken the Bears! 
  • Bennie Logan- (29)
  • Domata Peko(34)- seemed to really bring it against us
  • Muhammed Wilkerson(29)
  • Henry Anderson(28)
  • Brett Urban(28)
  • Steve McLendon(33)
  • Brandon Mebane(34)
  • Zach Kerr(29)
  • Jordan Phillips(26)
  • Quinton Jefferson(26)
  • Rodney Gunter(27)
  • Dominic Easley(27)- is wrong system, a lot of potential

OLB:

we could use a starting Strongside Backer or weak side if we decided to move Whitehead to SAM

• Dee Ford(28)- coming off 13 sack season, he is going to have a huge market. From the Chiefs 
  • Zadaruis Smith(27)- looking for starting money, great at rushing the passer... maybe more of 3-4 fit
  • KJ Wright(30)- one of the best linebackers of this decade
  • Clay Matthews(33)- might be on his last legs, but I could Gruden having interest
  • Eli Harold(25)- career derailed after he started kneeling, but the man can rush the passer
  • Aaron Lynch(26)- good pass rusher, would be a good depth
  • Shane Ray(26)- former 1st rounder who hasn't lived up to the bill of being a good pass rusher. Perhaps a change of scenery would do wonders
  • Shaq Barrett(26)- has been a productive pass rusher for the Broncos
  • Anthony Barr(27)- had a down year, but has been a pro bowler for many years

MLB:

Raiders still have no long term answer at MLB

• Jordan Hicks(27)- heart and soul of the Eagles defense
  • CJ Mosely(27)- a stud for one of the best defenses in the NFL
  • Denzel Perryman(26)- had a season ending injury, but a baller when healthy 
  • Patrick Onwuasor(27)- Watching the Charger game, and man this guy can play. Stuck on a talented defense
  • Corey Littleton(25)- been a stud for the Rams all year, and they are going to have cap issues
  • Kwon Alexander(25)- has had a good career and entering his prime, injured in 2018
  • Preston Brown(26)- could come cheap, starting experience

depth-

• Jake Ryan- injured last year, a great locker room guy and a Gruden guy.

CB:

Melvin might walk, Nelson is still unproven

• Ronald Darby(25)- tore his acl 
  • Steven Nelson(26)- one of the highlights of the weak Chiefs defense
  • Bryce Callahan(27)- a solid slot corner, could weaken the Bears! 
  • Pierre Desir(28)- coming off a career year
  • Rashan Melvin(29)- didn't have the best year for the Raiders
  • Darqueze Dennard(27)- knows the system, former 1st round pick
  • Justin Coleman(25)- had a good year for the Seahawks

depth- guys who have potential to compete and win a starting spot/slot

• Kayvon Webster
  • EJ Gaines
  • Jason Verrett
  • Bashaud Breeland
  • Eric Rowe
  • Coty Sensabaugh
  • PJ Williams

S:

Erik Harris could be brought back as a 3rd safety, I would like to add a partner for Karl Joseph

• Landon Collins(25)- would be a perfect fit next to Karl Joseph.. will demand alot of money
  • HaHa Clinton Dix(26)- another great fit in Silver n Black
  • Adrian Amos(26)- Bears probably going to let him walk
  • Clayton Geathers(27)- Range! 
  • Tre Boston(27)- see above
  • Kenny Vaccaro(28)- more a force against the run, and injury concerns
  • George lloka(29)- knows the system, decent
  • Adrian Phillips(27)- emerging safety, may Bolt for bigger role and money

cheap depth, would be smart to have 3 safeties who have range and can play

• Mike Mitchell- thrived as a 3rd safety for Colts
  • Jimmie Ward- could use a fresh start
  • Curtis Riley- had 4 picks for the Giants, ended season in dog house
  • Erik Harris-  would be welcomed back as depth
  • Eric Reid

5 hours ago, Jerry said:

I wonder what type of impact our stadium issue is going to have on signing guys to 1 year prove it deals and long term contracts.  I read on ESPN that the Raiders better hope they have a location ready to go before free agency starts or we're going to be left in the dust.  I think Las Vegas is going to have a major impact on players signing long term contracts though.  The brand new stadium, the location, it's going to be great.  I hope to retire in Las Vegas now lol.

San Diego could be a nice 1 year prove it destination 

5 hours ago, Jerry said:

They do plan to have the draft there in 2020 before they play. So theoretically it should be done by April. 

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Just heard the bangles might be interested in trading AJ Green, would love him on his team.

Sounds exactly like a Gruden move. Savvy, experienced vet. However trading for a 30 year old WR, although still a top 10 guy, worries me as he is on the downside of his career and would still probably cost a lot. 

Still can't believe we trading a freaking 3rd for Bryant.

Archived