2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

10 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

What was the reasoning? Also what do you think it would cost to get him? 

He only has one year left on his deal. Really solid receiver when healthy, but that is the key phrase. Has been on IR two of the last three years. Not sure if the cost.

12 minutes ago, Jerry said:

If the Eagles decide to trade Wentz or Foles, do we go after them?  Just crossed my mind that there may be a chance Gruden goes after one of them and then has a QB battle.  Would be crazy.

LOL this is flat out insane.  Read the Tom Cable thread to see my opinion.  The insanity on here never stops.....

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Almost as insane as trading away K. Mack for two firsts.

Once again I can see why Gruden traded Mack although I never was a fan of the compensation. 

Mack is an all world DE and one of the most dominant pass rushers in the game which I think no one will question.  The issues were how cap strapped is our team when you have a QB and DE taking up a combined 50 million of your cap space.  Combine that with having a roster that is so devoid of talent and by the time we are competitive Mack will be on the downside of his career and a shell of the player he is now.  Mack will be 28 in 1 month and has a window or 3 or 4 years of elite play left. 

I think trading Mack was the right thing to do considering the state of our franchise but once again the compensation received for and all pro DE was disappointing.  

43 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again I can see why Gruden traded Mack although I never was a fan of the compensation. 

Mack is an all world DE and one of the most dominant pass rushers in the game which I think no one will question.  The issues were how cap strapped is our team when you have a QB and DE taking up a combined 50 million of your cap space.  Combine that with having a roster that is so devoid of talent and by the time we are competitive Mack will be on the downside of his career and a shell of the player he is now.  Mack will be 28 in 1 month and has a window or 3 or 4 years of elite play left. 

I think trading Mack was the right thing to do considering the state of our franchise but once again the compensation received for and all pro DE was disappointing.  

this, wish we got more but I understand the Mack move...  I still think we better off without Cooper, dude played soft for us..... 

Archived