2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

25 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Except for that Nelson and Worley part. Worley is average and Nelson was garbage and shouldn't see playing time unless he develops heavily in the offseason. 

Worley's play was solid, and that was behind a historically bad pass-rush. If we get "average" play out of our #3 CB, I will take that every single day.

I agree Nelson struggled but he was coming off an injury where he missed tons of time in his rookie campaign. I am not writing him off yet and think he has good potential.

3 hours ago, true2form said:

Would have to have a clear cut replacement for Carr in place to do that.   Even if it was someone like Flacco. 

Unless you're making that trade on draft day and you've already drafted Haskins at #4.

We could do both, but as soon as you sign a guy like Flacco, everyone knows we're dealing Carr and his value drops. 

I'm fine with making a deal to trade Carr contingent Haskins is available at #4 and our people truely believe Haskins is the solution.

Trading Carr to end up with a guy like Flacco or Tannehill: I'd only be ok with that if we get a massive haul in picks.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Carr for Ramsey and #7 overall..... would you do it? 

I think most people would jump right on that. I sure as hell would. 

Carr may not even be here after this season. I would certainly love getting an all-pro corner, a top defender in G Williams/White, and then draft a Haskins. 

3 hours ago, true2form said:

Would have to have a clear cut replacement for Carr in place to do that.   Even if it was someone like Flacco. 

Unless you're making that trade on draft day and you've already drafted Haskins at #4.

We could do both, but as soon as you sign a guy like Flacco, everyone knows we're dealing Carr and his value drops. 

We’re rebuilding tho. I don’t think we need a 125 million $ qb imo. I’m not sure Carr is the 1 either. 

Flacco is horrible now. Tannenhill isnt good anymore and hurt all the time. 

U guys are nuts. Carr improved alot in second half. Lets see him in another year of the same system for second time in his career.

15 minutes ago, roi34 said:

U guys are nuts. Carr improved alot in second half. Lets see him in another year of the same system for second time in his career.

That’s the only reason I see him staying cause he “finally “ “maybe “ got on the same page with gruden. 

Carr is above average right now imo

im not sure if that’s good enough 

On 1/17/2019 at 10:27 AM, drfrey13 said:

That has been my mind set if Q, Bosa , and Allen are gone.  If one is there I do not think we can pass on any of the three.  Under those circumstances I would love to trade down and grab White, Williams, or Oliver.  I am not sure about Ferrell or Gary that early but the combine has been known to change my perspective a few times.

If we do move down I'd love for us to add a 3rd or 4th this year and a 2nd next year if possible. At 7 I'd be happy with Greedy Williams, Rashan Gary, Devin White, Josh Allen, or Ed Oliver. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If we do move down I'd love for us to add a 3rd or 4th this year and a 2nd next year if possible. At 7 I'd be happy with Greedy Williams, Rashan Gary, Devin White, Josh Allen, or Ed Oliver. 

If we are at 7 and White is there we should take him.  I do not think he will last much longer.  Gary is interesting and I think a lot will depend on his combine but I do not know how I feel about drafting a base end at 7.

10 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

If we are at 7 and White is there we should take him.  I do not think he will last much longer.  Gary is interesting and I think a lot will depend on his combine but I do not know how I feel about drafting a base end at 7.

A lot of NFL draft experts think Gary is going to fly up boards after the combine. Daniel Jerimiah has him mocked #2 to SF in his most recent mock draft. I've seen him compared to Cam Jordan a lot and if we could get a player like that at 7 I'd be ecstatic. 

16 hours ago, roi34 said:

Context is needed here..... Nobody is suggesting (that I know of) of guys like Flacco, Tannehill being the franchises QB. But rather IF you got a deal for Carr they'd be a good stop gap while Gruden locates 'his guy' at QB. 

The Raiders are going to be a bad team in 2019 and likely have another top 5-7 draft pick. So this suggestion isn't about winning now, but rather having a stop gap until Gruden finds his guy. 

DeSean Jackson if he is released? Old speed guy kinda like when Gruden signed Joey Galloway. DeSean went to Cal and is from LA so I assume he likes the Raiders more than an average player. Also had some good years under Jay Gruden.

12 minutes ago, Trojan said:

DeSean Jackson if he is released? Old speed guy kinda like when Gruden signed Joey Galloway. DeSean went to Cal and is from LA so I assume he likes the Raiders more than an average player. Also had some good years under Jay Gruden.

Hard pass. No more old WRs please. His game was alway speed and he's not got that like he used to. 

His game was top WR with Fitzpatrick early on though, just didn't work with Winston.

Fitzpatrick played weeks 1-4 and 8-11

Weeks 1-4: 22 targets, 17 receptions, 424 yards, 3 TD
Weeks 8-11: 27 targets, 14 receptions, 205 yards, 1 TD
so in half a year he played with Fitzpatrick, that is 59 targets, 31 catches 629 yards and 4 TD.

We don't have a burner and unless we draft someone like Hollywood from Oklahoma, we probably won't have a burner. The above combine Fitzpatrick stats suggest a first down per target average, and close to 20 yards per catch. If Jordy can move chains and be a reliable target a big play option has purpose. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable drafting a WR and expecting 1000 contributor right away. If Desean could get 800 yards and 5 TDs with us, I think that would be a win as a signing. I think that's somewhere near what Jordy produced, or a little higher, but his expectation for the upcoming year as well, then Jared Cook as well had similar stats. That's 2400 and 15 TDs, allowing other options about 1,000 yards and 10-20 TDs to round out Carr's career norms. That's far more realistic a load for a rookie contributor to handle imo with reserve options and backs producing, that's maybe a 40 yards a game contributor, with upside, to find in the draft. That's essentially what DJ Moore was last year with a couple break out games sprinkled in.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Context is needed here..... Nobody is suggesting (that I know of) of guys like Flacco, Tannehill being the franchises QB. But rather IF you got a deal for Carr they'd be a good stop gap while Gruden locates 'his guy' at QB. 

The Raiders are going to be a bad team in 2019 and likely have another top 5-7 draft pick. So this suggestion isn't about winning now, but rather having a stop gap until Gruden finds his guy. 

I get it.. But don't want a year of watching those bums behind center. We have had no continuity at all.  Look at most the guys that have left and found success.

Archived