2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Point is, it's not happening in his second year.He'll beef up, get the chance to play LT until he sinks or swims

Agree then he’ll get kicked inside 

I actually think he’ll do better inside cause he’s a really good run blocker. Just him on a island with a semi decent de on the outside is like asking key to chase down a semi mobile qb. Just Asking for problems 

My favorite Raider narrative right  now. Kolton Miller?...... "he was good when he was healthy"

Statistically, he wasn't very good at all. And he was receiving help early unlike later in the season. There was nothing about his game that gave me confidence going into next season with him at LT.  His movement skills are nice, he was raw and it showed. Big offseason coming up for him.

6 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Meh Got Penn and saved money ( very lucky Penn had some years left in him )

And he was better for longer than Veldheer, I'm pretty Veldheer doesn't even play LT anymore.

I didn't like losing Veldheer and Houston but it was a wash in the end.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

My favorite Raider narrative right  now. Kolton Miller?...... "he was good when he was healthy"

Statistically, he wasn't very good at all. And he was receiving help early unlike later in the season. There was nothing about his game that gave me confidence going into next season with him at LT.  His movement skills are nice, he was raw and it showed. Big offseason coming up for him.

The problem is that I have no confidence in cable to develop him. With the right OL coach and a good strength program, I think he can become a good LT. Unfortunately, until Cable is gone, I'm not sure what the chances of that are.

26 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The problem is that I have no confidence in cable to develop him. With the right OL coach and a good strength program, I think he can become a good LT. Unfortunately, until Cable is gone, I'm not sure what the chances of that are.

Yeah and who was Galleries o line coach?

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We have an o-line coach that can create a good run game but horrible pass protection and a QB that tries to stay in the pocket as much as possible.  How could this not work?

Could be worse. We could be in a division with great pass-rushers or something.

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agreed. Miller graded out as the #76 OT last year on PFF. He allowed 65 pressures which was 2nd most for any OT in the league and 22 more than any other rookie OT allowed last year. Miller also allowed a league worst 16 sacks, which is only 1 less than the NFL record for most sacks allowed by an OT in a single season. According to PFF he allowed a pressure on 12.5% of his snaps (worst in the league) and had the worst run-blocking grade ever by a rookie tackle since PFF began tracking stats in 2006. I don't think the staff is married to the idea that he's a franchise LT going forward and I think we could definitely see him moved to RT. 

Archived