2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

19 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Carr's 2019 base salary is now fully guaranteed.  He is a Raider through the year now since he now has over $27 million in dead cap if traded.

I was under the impression that base salary transferred to the acquiring teams cap in a trade. We would only be on the hook for his prorated signing bonus as dead cap.

4 hours ago, StocktonSav said:

I was under the impression that base salary transferred to the acquiring teams cap in a trade. We would only be on the hook for his prorated signing bonus as dead cap.

Spotrac shows that his dead cap is $27.4 million but I am not positive who pays what under these circumstances.  Can anyone think of a player who was traded with a guaranteed base salary?

Keep seeing people willing to over pay for Preston smith. Why? He's going to be what Bruce irvin was and you all complained. Smith is a decent addition but at low cost. He's never had more than 8 sacks. 

Rather over pay for a frank Clark who gets good pressure constantly.

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

Keep seeing people willing to over pay for Preston smith. Why? He's going to be what Bruce irvin was and you all complained. Smith is a decent addition but at low cost. He's never had more than 8 sacks. 

Rather over pay for a frank Clark who gets good pressure constantly.

Doubtful Frank Clark hits the market. He will be tagged if nothing else. I'm not a Smith guy either, but he'd be an option that doesn't break the bank.

This conversation exemplifies why you pay a Khalil Mack. Regardless of salary impacts, "value", relationship between the salary of him and Carr, and so on.. You can't go out and buy a great pass rusher. He either has to be drafted, traded for, or kept.

Frank Clark isn't going to be available, you can bet on that.

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Doubtful Frank Clark hits the market. He will be tagged if nothing else. I'm not a Smith guy either, but he'd be an option that doesn't break the bank.

give me Dee Ford..... weaken the Chiefs, and strengthen our weakness..... Al Davis style baby.. just win baby

part of me is like eff it....  

throw big money at 

• L Bell RB
  • J Clowney DE
  • L Collins SS 

name them team captains...... Big 3, AL DAVIS style 

build depth and fill other holes in the draft with all those picks.. we have all the cap space and we traded away the people due for big extensions in the near future 

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Rather have Lawrence too but obviously all dependent on who makes fa

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

part of me is like eff it....  

throw big money at 

• L Bell RB
  • J Clowney DE
  • L Collins SS 

name them team captains...... Big 3, AL DAVIS style 

build depth and fill other holes in the draft with all those picks.. we have all the cap space and we traded away the people due for big extensions in the near future 

And the other part of you is.....

41 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Am I the only one who wants C.J. Mosley for 10 million a year. The Raiders can lock up a position of need for the next 5-6 years.

Given recent history and Mosely's resume, his contract will probably be closer to 12-13 million per year. But I would probably still support that.

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

give me Dee Ford..... weaken the Chiefs, and strengthen our weakness..... Al Davis style baby.. just win baby

That would be AL DAVIS style.... overpay a player off 1 years production who's otherwise been an injury risk and underachieving player. Signing Ford to any long term contract is a massive risk.

Archived