Jump to content
Silver&Black88

2019 Free Agency Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, roi34 said:

Clowney 5/85 would you?

I think Clowney is going to ask for a 6 yr/$135M deal in the same realm as what Mack and Donald just got the last offseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think Clowney is going to ask for a 6 yr/$135M deal in the same realm as what Mack and Donald just got the last offseason. 

yeah well I dont pay clowney that much because we didn't pay Mack that and he was home grown and better. 

 

Rather get Ansah on a cheaper 3-4 year deal or flowers.  D.Lawrence is only guy id give big money to in FA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw in the News forum that Corey Liuget was released or the Chargers are not picking up his option.  I know we say we should pick up every big FA that gets cut every year but I really like Liuget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 10:30 AM, drfrey13 said:

Not trying to beat a dead horse but

Beat away. I'll never let it go. NEVER!!!!  LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think Clowney is going to ask for a 6 yr/$135M deal in the same realm as what Mack and Donald just got the last offseason. 

Ima a huge Clowney guy but you’re probably right I do think some team will overpay for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Going to be interesting to see what all these DE/Edge players get.  The market will be reset but by how much.  If we see a similar rise in pay to WRs we will look like fools for not resigning Mack at $22-23 a year.  If Clowney and the rest of them get $18-22 a year I do not think we touch any of them.  What would you pay for vs what you think they will get:

Lawrence: 

Clowney:

Graham:

Ford:

P Smith:

Clark:

Ansah:

Flowers:

Fowler:

Some will be tagged and resigned but hypothetically if all made it to FA.

This is an interesting thought and of course with the Mack situation we’d be crazy to pay 20 mil to any of these if we didn’t pay Mack IMHO. Obviously they’d all be an upgrade over what we’ve got so I’d test the waters with some at least:

Lawrence: He's got to be worth around 20 to 22 per but we certainly won’t pay that. His contract may be close to Mack and Donald. I’d Be too cheap for him!

Clowney: I’d look to pay around 18 per but he’ll probably be over 20 mil

Graham: I’d be interested in a two year deal for around 30m, hard one to judge as he’s very good but he’s at that age where teams might not want to shell out, I imagine he may get a couple million more per year on a short term deal

Ford: I wouldn’t be in the bidding war on him as I don’t think he fits, I expect he gets 90/5 maybe more

P Smith: Interested in him for around 15 per year which is I think what he’ll go for as he doesn’t have the stats of those above

Clark: Too rich for me again, he’ll be looking for 120m I would think 

Ansah: A realistic option that I’d hope to get around 36/3 but expect a little more

Flowers: My favourite option and after the Super Bowl his price will have gone up, I’d like to pay around 15 per but that probably won’t get it done now and he’s looking at 18 to 20 I would think

Fowler: Not my first choice by far but I’d offer around 10 per year on a two year deal. He played well down the stretch but underwhelming overall so he may get 12 up to 15

I guess in reality I probably wouln’t be able to sign any for what I’d be looking to spend, just shows the foolishness of letting our best player go!

Edited by Darbsk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

This is an interesting thought and of course with the Mack situation we’d be crazy to pay 20 mil to any of these if we didn’t pay Mack IMHO. Obviously they’d all be an upgrade over what we’ve got so I’d test the waters with some at least:

Lawrence: He's got to be worth around 20 to 22 per but we certainly won’t pay that. His contract may be close to Mack and Donald. I’d Be too cheap for him!

Clowney: I’d look to pay around 18 per but he’ll probably be over 20 mil

Graham: I’d be interested in a two year deal for around 30m, hard one to judge as he’s very good but he’s at that age where teams might not want to shell out, I imagine he may get a couple million more per year on a short term deal

Ford: I wouldn’t be in the bidding war on him as I don’t think he fits, I expect he gets 90/5 maybe more

P Smith: Interested in him for around 15 per year which is I think what he’ll go for as he doesn’t have the stats of those above

Clark: Too rich for me again, he’ll be looking for 120m I would think 

Ansah: A realistic option that I’d hope to get around 36/3 but expect a little more

Flowers: My favourite option and after the Super Bowl his price will have gone up, I’d like to pay around 15 per but that probably won’t get it done now and he’s looking at 18 to 20 I would think

Fowler: Not my first choice by far but I’d offer around 10 per year on a two year deal. He played well down the stretch but underwhelming overall so he may get 12 up to 15

I guess in reality I probably wouln’t be able to sign any for what I’d be looking to spend, just shows the foolishness of letting our best player go!

I think you are spot on for most of them.  The only players that I see getting less are those that resign with their team because they always take a few million less and players that over value themselves and take 1 year deals.  I would target Flowers, Fowler, and Smith with an eye on Graham and Ansah for short term deals.  I also think we are going to have to bite the bullet and over pay to sign any of them.  This would mean Gruden admitting some fault in the Mack situation so I do not know if it happens.  I think if we end up with any of them it will be Smith (will pay 3 million to much), Graham (will get a deal that is too long), or Fowler (Prove it deal 1 yr).

This line would start to look a lot better if we get one and can try and get Luiget.  Rookie - Luiget - Hurst - Fowler does not look to bad.

Edited by drfrey13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think you are spot on for most of them.  The only players that I see getting less are those that resign with their team because they always take a few million less and players that over value themselves and take 1 year deals.  I would target Flowers, Fowler, and Smith with an eye on Graham and Ansah for short term deals.  I also think we are going to have to bite the bullet and over pay to sign any of them.  This would mean Gruden admitting some fault in the Mack situation so I do not know if it happens.  I think if we end up with any of them it will be Smith (will pay 3 million to much), Graham (will get a deal that is too long), or Fowler (Prove it deal 1 yr).

This line would start to look a lot better if we get one and can try and get Luiget.  Rookie - Luiget - Hurst - Fowler does not look to bad.

Thanks, and I agree with all of this. I can see any of those three situations arising and agree that we’re likely to have to overpay somewhat to be in the conversation with other suitors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Ima a huge Clowney guy but you’re probably right I do think some team will overpay for him. 

He's definitely going to want a mega contract after seeing guys like Miller, Mack, and Donald get paid. He's the former #1 overall pick, has been a Pro-Bowler the last three seasons, and he just turned 26 years old. Realistically the only way we'd be able to sign him is with $20M+ per year and at that rate, you'd have to ask why we didn't just pay Mack last summer.

Edited by NYRaider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He's definitely going to want a mega contract after seeing guys like Miller, Mack, and Donald get paid. He's the former #1 overall pick, has been a Pro-Bowler the last three seasons, and he just turned 26 years old. Realistically the only way we'd be able to sign him is with $20M+ per year and at that rate, you'd have to ask why we didn't just pay Mack last summer.

 He’s never going to get it,  he is so overrated and Texas knows it that’s why they’re letting them go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He's definitely going to want a mega contract after seeing guys like Miller, Mack, and Donald get paid. He's the former #1 overall pick, has been a Pro-Bowler the last three seasons, and he just turned 26 years old. Realistically the only way we'd be able to sign him is with $20M+ per year and at that rate, you'd have to ask why we didn't just pay Mack last summer.

We have to wait for it all to play out.

However, I could positively spin it saying Mack at 22 per vs Clowney at 20 per, 1st rounder this year, and 1st rounder next year.

I know some won't like that spin, but there it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

 He’s never going to get it,  he is so overrated and Texas knows it that’s why they’re letting them go.

If he hits the open market he's going to get a huge deal, guys like Clowney don't hit the open market often. Plus hasn't he played a hybrid role in Houston? I'd be interested to see him as a full-time defensive end.

Edited by NYRaider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

 He’s never going to get it,  he is so overrated and Texas knows it that’s why they’re letting them go.

Texan's are letting him go huh? Doubtful... they will tag him. Clowney is a great run defender and pass rusher, he will get paid eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Texan's are letting him go huh? Doubtful... they will tag him. Clowney is a great run defender and pass rusher, he will get paid eventually.

Houston doesn't have to pay Watson for 3 years, as you said they'll probably tag him and then work on a long-term extension during the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×