2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

8 hours ago, Rolni said:

The Athletic put out a TOP50 FA list recently, I went through it and got away with these players to target for us:
-CJ Mosley ILB
-Adrian Amos S
-Tyrell Williams WR
-Ezekiel Ansah ED
-Brandon Graham ED
-Za'Darius Smith ED
-Dante Fowler ED prove it type deal could work
-Preston Smith ED
-Anthony Barr LB
-Kwon Alexander LB
-John Brown WR
-KJ Wright LB
-Jared Cook TE re-sign or tag could be in play
-Tre Boston S
-Adam Humphries WR
-Jordan Hicks LB

Next to these players I think the latter two should get a look based on their history with PG:
-Darqueze Dennard CB
-George Iloka S

Mayock was super high on Barr said he could be a double digit sack guy at DE but Minn put him at OLB

3 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Really? 5 year age difference and Brown imo is way riskier off the field. Want no part of the dude. 

Wouldnt be be a huge fan of OBJ at the price either but OBJ for a 1>>>>AB for a 2nd

the talent difference in this draft isn’t that drastic between our 24/27 and our 2nd. 

Well you're not getting OBJ for 24 or 27. I'd rather just draft our own WR's and build our own team.

To be honest I wouldn’t give up a 3rd for AB straight up even though it sounds crazy. To see the value of your draft picks, just ask yourself, who do you see available with that pick?

I could easily a guy like Deebo Samuel available at our 3rd Round Pick. Dude reminds me a ton of Tim Brown too. Same body type with the thick upper body, does everything extremely well and not known for being “eite” in one or two areas, just good everywhere, and a extremely productive returner. Would I rather have Antonio Brown at 31 for 17M a year or Deebo Samuel in his early 20’s for cheap? Easy choice there. 

As for OBJ, he’s probably worth pick 24 but I just don’t want that headcase on this team. Plus Giants will want a Top 10 pick. 

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

To be honest I wouldn’t give up a 3rd for AB straight up even though it sounds crazy. To see the value of your draft picks, just ask yourself, who do you see available with that pick?

I could easily a guy like Deebo Samuel available at our 3rd Round Pick. Dude reminds me a ton of Tim Brown too. Same body type with the thick upper body, does everything extremely well and not known for being “eite” in one or two areas, just good everywhere, and a extremely productive returner. Would I rather have Antonio Brown at 31 for 17M a year or Deebo Samuel in his early 20’s for cheap? Easy choice there. 

As for OBJ, he’s probably worth pick 24 but I just don’t want that headcase on this team. Plus Giants will want a Top 10 pick. 

If you're trying to win games? Samuel hasn't played a down in the league and may not be there at the top of the 3rd. I'd make a strong argument that he goes in the 2nd.

One has been a top 5 receiver for the last 5 years easy and is a future HOF. Many HOF wr's play well into their 30s at a high level.

If you don't like the locker room concerns, then I understand not wanting Brown. But cmon man. Purely on the field, a 3rd round pick is ludicrous value for one of the best skill position players in the NFL, irrespective of price.

I understand getting younger, but it really all depends on if you see this as a 3-4 year rebuild, or a 1-2 year retooling. I'm leaning toward the latter purely based on the amount of cap and draft capital we have. I'm sure Gruden is too, for better or worse.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If you're trying to win games? Samuel hasn't played a down in the league and may not be there at the top of the 3rd. I'd make a strong argument that he goes in the 2nd.

One has been a top 5 receiver for the last 5 years easy and is a future HOF. Many HOF wr's play well into their 30s at a high level.

If you don't like the locker room concerns, then I understand not wanting Brown. But cmon man. Purely on the field, a 3rd round pick is ludicrous value for one of the best skill position players in the NFL, irrespective of price.

I understand getting younger, but it really all depends on if you see this as a 3-4 year rebuild, or a 1-2 year retooling. I'm leaning toward the latter purely based on the amount of cap and draft capital we have. I'm sure Gruden is too, for better or worse.

I’m not spending a 3rd Rounder on any 31 year old this early intk a rebuild. All picks have value.

20 hours ago, Dessie said:

Patriot ? I’m talking Dante Fowler?? 

I’m interested to see whether Guenther values the DE position. Looking at the Bengals draft history and Zimmers drafts for the Vikings DEs don’t feature highly in the draft, lot of CBs are though. 

Oh, I thought Flowers for some reason :)

Dante Fowler is not the tipical PG DE IMO.  He is a bit shorter with his 6'3, but at least he has almost 34 wings.

Carl Lawson (6'2 31, so even shorter) was drafted while PG was in Cincy and he used him well as a rotational edge guy, so you never know. Fowler has the skill set to be a solid situational pass rusher IMO, so I think if the price is right, we could use him in our scheme.

14 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Mayock was super high on Barr said he could be a double digit sack guy at DE but Minn put him at OLB

Yeah I looked it up and Mike liked his natural ability as a rusher and his speed. He compared him to Jason Taylor and said he has a pretty high ceiling, but needs to learn a lot. 

He has the size to be a DE in our scheme too, but "this late" in his carrier it would be a bit risky to me to count on him as our main pass rusher...

I'm not sure, but I think PG is not a guy who likes to travel players from base SLB to nickel DE, but that could be in play too...

1 hour ago, Rolni said:

Yeah I looked it up and Mike liked his natural ability as a rusher and his speed. He compared him to Jason Taylor and said he has a pretty high ceiling, but needs to learn a lot. 

He has the size to be a DE in our scheme too, but "this late" in his carrier it would be a bit risky to me to count on him as our main pass rusher...

I'm not sure, but I think PG is not a guy who likes to travel players from base SLB to nickel DE, but that could be in play too...

The Raiders will start him off the same way the Raiders did with Mack , he’ll lineup as a OLB except for passing downs.

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

The Raiders will start him off the same way the Raiders did with Mack , he’ll lineup as a OLB except for passing downs.

This is going to be his 6th year I’d be skeptical he just turns into a sack artist. What’s his ceiling 7-8 sacks ?. Also what kind of dollars he want ?

Rather have Brown over OBJ. Less injury prone and won’t have to give up as much. Thing is if you can just give up ur second round pick for him you can trade back from 27 which is in an area where teams like to trade back into the first round pick from. Also number 4 pick is an area where they can trade down from and get more picks. So your taking a second but also have the ability to get that pick back by moving ur other picks. 

Also would love to get John Brown could be the dee threat the Raiders have lacked for so long. 

Archived