2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

And so does a perennial all pro WR at a position that ages well?

while AB def is the best in the league IMO, he also plays on a very pass happy offence, with a QB who likes to take shots. I truly believe Steelers offence makes every WR look better. 
With our current roster and SOS next season, 2020 is the earliest I see us competig for a WC. 

I agree, that Browns game should transition well into his mid 30s, as he wins with great hands and route running. 
but with him being 32 at the start of the 2020 season and comanding 17+mil a year, I cant see it being worth it. 

Ive said it before, Gruden is supposed to be an Offensive Mastermind. If thats the case spend our money on Defence. 
Gruden should be able to scheme guys into place, draft your young talent (2nd round this year) or pick up roll players in FA.

next season we will be lucky with 6-7 wins IMO, and adding Brown doesnt change that. 

2 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

This is going to be his 6th year I’d be skeptical he just turns into a sack artist. What’s his ceiling 7-8 sacks ?. Also what kind of dollars he want ?

Him not playing DE at Minnesota probably had to do was how good their D-line was.

22 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Mayock was super high on Barr said he could be a double digit sack guy at DE but Minn put him at OLB

He's never had more than 4 sacks in a season and I don't think he'll ever be a great pass rusher. Isn't he going to want elite level money? Pass.

Barr been good since he’s been in the NFL. You have to think he will want one last big paycheck before he’s done. I don’t think his productivity matches the money he will want. I think he is capable of rushing the passer but at this point of his career you won’t make him a DE. I don’t think he’s a good fit for the Raiders. 

Landon Collins cleaned out his locker and said goodbye to his teammates. Interesting cause the Giants could just franchise him. 

FA is gonna be so much fun. 

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Barr been good since he’s been in the NFL. You have to think he will want one last big paycheck before he’s done. I don’t think his productivity matches the money he will want. I think he is capable of rushing the passer but at this point of his career you won’t make him a DE. I don’t think he’s a good fit for the Raiders. 

Landon Collins cleaned out his locker and said goodbye to his teammates. Interesting cause the Giants could just franchise him. 

FA is gonna be so much fun. 

No to Collins for me. He’s a pure SS and imo so is Joseph. Plus you can get a very good coverage safety with good range for much cheaper in HaHa Clinton Dix. Exactly what we need. 

Free Agency will be a lot of fun, we can get someone for every level of the defense for an affordable price. Defense in Free Agency is stacked this year. 

51 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No to Collins for me. He’s a pure SS and imo so is Joseph. Plus you can get a very good coverage safety with good range for much cheaper in HaHa Clinton Dix. Exactly what we need. 

Free Agency will be a lot of fun, we can get someone for every level of the defense for an affordable price. Defense in Free Agency is stacked this year. 

If we can pick up some quality starters in free agency that will really open up a lot of possibilities for us in the draft. I want HaHa for sure and a DL that can get after the QB. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

If we can pick up some quality starters in free agency that will really open up a lot of possibilities for us in the draft. I want HaHa for sure and a DL that can get after the QB. 

I would love Fowler or Graham and draft another DE. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'd prefer to target younger players so I'd roll with Fowler. He had 8 sacks two seasons ago with the Jaguars and is also 24 years old. 

Yep I love Fowler and still think he has a ton of potential, a lot of Raider fans don’t like him and I have no idea why. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Yep I love Fowler and still think he has a ton of potential, a lot of Raider fans don’t like him and I have no idea why. 

He took a step back last season and hasn't lived up to what he was supposed to be but he's still so young. In a major rebuild, I'd rather go after young guys with potential rather than older veterans who will only be here for a year or two. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He took a step back last season and hasn't lived up to what he was supposed to be but he's still so young. In a major rebuild, I'd rather go after young guys with potential rather than older veterans who will only be here for a year or two. 

Also got Graham who’s older and more to PG’s liking. Big, elite run defender, and can rush the passer. He’s older but a perfect fit for his system. No matter what though I’d be shocked if we don’t get a pass rusher in the draft. Either Ferrell, Burns, or Sweat should be a Raider. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Also got Graham who’s older and more to PG’s liking. Big, elite run defender, and can rush the passer. He’s older but a perfect fit for his system. No matter what though I’d be shocked if we don’t get a pass rusher in the draft. Either Ferrell, Burns, or Sweat should be a Raider. 

I wouldn't mind us signing Graham as a stopgap that can help develop whoever we draft. Graham and Ferrell would be such a huge upgrade for us on the edge both in terms of pass rushing and run defense. 

Archived