2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

I feel Bell is being overlooked on this site. He is up there with Zeke, Gordon, DJ are a top 5 back.. maybe just below Gurley but maybe the closet talent... Yes Steelers have a great system, but Bell is explosive, big, has moves, he is a hall of famer in his prime.. Connor has better numbers, but he doesn't have the explosion of Bell... The team is playing better right now. Connor is a stud, but he is no Bell. I would sign Bell to a 2-3 at a high number, I doubt free agents are going to jumping to play for the Raiders.. Team getting a bad rep after Mack trade, going have to move their family from Oakland to Vegas... Bell just wants to get paid.... if you ask me, Steelers been punks about the entire thing... RBs don't have long careers wants to get paid after being one of the best players in the NFL..they just diss him....  I wouldn't give Bell a GRUDEN type deal but 2-3 could be huge for Carr and the offense... Offense could be built around him, and it would open up the passing game. Carr needs more help on offense, as we are one of the oldest and slowest offense in the league. This would also allow us to focus on defense In draft. 2-3 year deal would be optimal, and we could possible look at successor of day 3 to develop...

I think Bell would struggle behind this OL. When you have a good OL you don't need a top of the market RB salary in your books.

Seriously did the Steelers miss a beat without him? Nah. Conner is doing pretty much the same. They have a really good OL and a great tuning scheme.

We need a good OL coach and a good running scheme much much more then an overpriced diva at RB IMO

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

Clowney will stay in HOU IMO.

Thomas could be a big upgrade for sure. May be we van go Thomas and another guy like Iloka...we have money :)

Clowney will probably stay in Houston as you say, but they are already paying Watt of course and Clowney will want a sizeable contract so they'll have to sort out Demaryius Thomas contact and a few players who's contracts will leap like McKinney so maybe with one eye on the future contract of Watson he could get squeezed out...........wishful thinking maybe?

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Clowney will probably stay in Houston as you say, but they are already paying Watt of course and Clowney will want a sizeable contract so they'll have to sort out Demaryius Thomas contact and a few players who's contracts will leap like McKinney so maybe with one eye on the future contract of Watson he could get squeezed out...........wishful thinking maybe?

I'd bet on McKinney, Matthieu, and Mercilus being gone before Clowney. Miller has underwhelmed and could be cut plus DT will be cheaper if he resigns.

If BOB is fired and they do a retooling i could see it maybe...

On 11/7/2018 at 3:26 PM, Rolni said:

I think Bell would struggle behind this OL. When you have a good OL you don't need a top of the market RB salary in your books.

Seriously did the Steelers miss a beat without him? Nah. Conner is doing pretty much the same. They have a really good OL and a great tuning scheme.

We need a good OL coach and a good running scheme much much more then an overpriced diva at RB IMO

Martin and Lynch looked decent behind this oline and Bell is twice the player they are at this stage of their careers. Bell would be a huge boon to the offense and take pressure off Carr to perform.

10 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Martin and Lynch looked decent behind this oline and Bell is twice the player they are at this stage of their careers. Bell would be a huge boon to the offense and take pressure off Carr to perform.

You could be right. We should see more from Martin to see whether it was just 1 game against a weak Colts D or not.

1 hour ago, Rolni said:

You could be right. We should see more from Martin to see whether it was just 1 game against a weak Colts D or not.

I would want to bring Martin and Richard back even if the team signs Bell. Martin is a good back, Bell is a great back.

12 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Bell is great but too costly. Rather daft rb in 3rd - 4th. And get new oline coach and lineman

I would rather spend the money on Bell and know we're getting a great player. Plus, the more the team spends on offense in free agency the more draft capital can be used on defense where prospects tend to perform better earlier.

We didn't spend money on Mack or Cooper so I'm hoping that goes somewhere worthwhile and there are few players more worth it than Bell. I think people for get how good Bell is--he's LT/Marshall Faulk good.

22 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I would want to bring Martin and Richard back even if the team signs Bell. Martin is a good back, Bell is a great back.

I would rather spend the money on Bell and know we're getting a great player. Plus, the more the team spends on offense in free agency the more draft capital can be used on defense where prospects tend to perform better earlier.

We didn't spend money on Mack or Cooper so I'm hoping that goes somewhere worthwhile and there are few players more worth it than Bell. I think people for get how good Bell is--he's LT/Marshall Faulk good.

But for how many years? Bell has a lot of miles on his legs and has been injury prone outside of last year

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

While I think Bell is a good back, more of the product of a good system and good Oline rather than being eilte like AP in his prime, I don't think we should sign him for the money he is wanting.  I would much rather draft a back on the cheap than spend top dollar on a diva who we don't know what he will produce like outside of Pit.  Trust me on this, Pit's system and scheme has more to do with Bell's success than Bell's talent. 

He is obviously not smart considering that he has grossly overvalued his worth to the team.  They are getting along just fine without his and has missed out on a 13 million dollar season.  For Bell not to realize that his success is the product of a system that has been pumping out successful backs for years he is a fool.  A washed up D Williams has monster years when Bell missed time and was injured.  When that old hack ran for huge games, that told me that it was the system they are running more than Bell being a true elite talent.  Let someone else sign him, we can use that money in other areas as we all know we have tons of holes to fill this offseason.  

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

But for how many years? Bell has a lot of miles on his legs and has been injury prone outside of last year

I would much rather go with Coleman in FA if we go that route.  Coleman has less miles, will cost a third of what Bell gets, and averages more yards per touch than Bell (Bell 5.19/touch and Coleman 5.37/touch).  That includes receiving where 20% of Bell's touches are receptions and Coleman is at 15%.   With the money we save we could also sign a G and RT.

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

While I think Bell is a good back, more of the product of a good system and good Oline rather than being eilte like AP in his prime, I don't think we should sign him for the money he is wanting.  I would much rather draft a back on the cheap than spend top dollar on a diva who we don't know what he will produce like outside of Pit.  Trust me on this, Pit's system and scheme has more to do with Bell's success than Bell's talent. 

He is obviously not smart considering that he has grossly overvalued his worth to the team.  They are getting along just fine without his and has missed out on a 13 million dollar season.  For Bell not to realize that his success is the product of a system that has been pumping out successful backs for years he is a fool.  A washed up D Williams has monster years when Bell missed time and was injured.  When that old hack ran for huge games, that told me that it was the system they are running more than Bell being a true elite talent.  Let someone else sign him, we can use that money in other areas as we all know we have tons of holes to fill this offseason.  

Signing Bell could be a trap like signing one of Tom Brady's backups.  They might not be bad but that system makes them better.

Archived