2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

On 2/20/2019 at 3:01 PM, BayRaider said:

No to Collins for me. He’s a pure SS and imo so is Joseph. Plus you can get a very good coverage safety with good range for much cheaper in HaHa Clinton Dix. Exactly what we need. 

Free Agency will be a lot of fun, we can get someone for every level of the defense for an affordable price. Defense in Free Agency is stacked this year. 

Joseph won't be back next year.

So i like the idea of signing Collins drafting a FS at 35 (if Adderly or Abrams is there)

42 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think once we get a decent pass rush they could make one of the better tandems in the league.  I would be tempted to sign Worley to a longer contract this off-season instead of tagging him.  Could get him for cheap but if we tag him, get a pass rush, and he stays healthy he will be to expensive for us next off-seasoon.  If I trusted hi off the field I would give him a 4 yr $22-24 million contract with an out for us after 2 years.  I think he would bite and he is only 23 about to turn 24 years old.  Only 4 months older than Conley.  Would have a starting CBs locked up for the next 3 years and pay an average of $11 million per year for both.

Nick Nelson should improve he’s one year removed from his injury, he’ll will have a full off-season this year.

49 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think once we get a decent pass rush they could make one of the better tandems in the league.  I would be tempted to sign Worley to a longer contract this off-season instead of tagging him.  Could get him for cheap but if we tag him, get a pass rush, and he stays healthy he will be to expensive for us next off-seasoon.  If I trusted hi off the field I would give him a 4 yr $22-24 million contract with an out for us after 2 years.  I think he would bite and he is only 23 about to turn 24 years old.  Only 4 months older than Conley.  Would have a starting CBs locked up for the next 3 years and pay an average of $11 million per year for both.

I like this plan alot. It takes a position from need to want in the draft and for that price the gamble is minimal.

Addressing all the people wanting Haha or Collins, I think that you look for a safety in the 3rd or 4th rd that can play true FS. I think this secondary class is deep, especially with guys look to be combo players at both corner and FS. Harris and Joseph both played well later in the year but in reality they are both SS imo.

48 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Nick Nelson should improve he’s one year removed from his injury, he’ll will have a full off-season this year.

I hope he does but I would still sign Worley.  We can have a steady stream of DBs that play at a high level and not have to worry about injuries or letting guys walk.

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Joseph won't be back next year.

So i like the idea of signing Collins drafting a FS at 35 (if Adderly or Abrams is there)

Based on what? 

I seriously question the "insights" some of you put out there. 

He's an ascending young player on a rookie deal.

"He won't be back".

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

A lot of draft guys were high on Nick Nelson last year. He balled out at Wisconsin, will be interesting to see how he looks next season.

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I like this plan alot. It takes a position from need to want in the draft and for that price the gamble is minimal.

Addressing all the people wanting Haha or Collins, I think that you look for a safety in the 3rd or 4th rd that can play true FS. I think this secondary class is deep, especially with guys look to be combo players at both corner and FS. Harris and Joseph both played well later in the year but in reality they are both SS imo.

Is Deionte Thompson an option? It seems like he's slipping down draft boards. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I want Josh Jacobs and TJ Hockenson with our two late first round picks. 

Jacobs yes.. TE I'd prefer to grab later on. 

I'd love dline/jacobs/wr or s or cb. Then one of previous three we didnt take.

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

Jacobs yes.. TE I'd prefer to grab later on. 

I'd love dline/jacobs/wr or s or cb. Then one of previous three we didnt take.

Jacobs would be awesome here. Even if we bring Lynch back, a Jacobs/Lynch backfield would be the most legit tandem we've had here in a while. Probably since McFadden/Bush.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Jacobs would be awesome here. Even if we bring Lynch back, a Jacobs/Lynch backfield would be the most legit tandem we've had here in a while. Probably since McFadden/Bush.

I like lynch but mike davis and Jacobs would be killer. Davis can catch well and when u add Richard in the mix u got a solid stable.

51 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

When do you think he goes? I'm thinking top 10. 

I wouldn't be that mad if we traded down and around 6 and took him there. 

6 for a te? Wtf? I can't remember any TE going in top 10 ever having an impact worth that.

I'd cry if they did that

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Is Deionte Thompson an option? It seems like he's slipping down draft boards. 

Thompson isn't ready to play in the league from week one imo. I want Chauncey Gardener-Johnson at eh end of the 1st/2nd. I'm saying it now, he will be the Derwin James of this draft.

Archived