Jump to content
Silver&Black88

2019 Free Agency Thread

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think what he means is that if/since we did not sign Mack at his price he is not interested in signing Bell for that price because Mack is a more valuable piece but was not signed so we could rebuild the team.  If we sign Bell it looks like the FO and Gruden can not make up their mind.

Exactly. Thank you.

 

Bell makes no sense at all except for big splash. Give me younger rb to build with. If your rebuild then rebuild right. Bell just eats up cap u can spend on a lineman and safety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Because others have performed in Bell's role shouldn't raise a red flag unless you are really unsure about his talent. I don't think there should be any questions about Bell's talent. Every "red flag" you've raised about Bell literally have nothing to do with him as a player.

And no, it would not be smart to Bell to take less money or else what was the point of him not playing this season? And to answer your question about whether Bell would run hard: there is no indication he would run any more or less hard if he was on a losing team--none, zilch, zero. Just because he's trying to maximize the biggest contract of his career doesn't mean he won't run hard. The two are mutually exclusive.

You mean a good oline, Hall of Fame quarterback, Hall of Fame receiver, and top #2 receiver?

And it's not just about getting a productive run game, it's about getting a productive offense. Bell's versatility affects both the run and pass. People forget he would split out wide and win against defensive backs.

It's not that I am concerned about his talent, as I have stated I think he is a good back but his value is way overinflated and certainly not worth 15 or more million to a team like the Raiders.  My concern has more to with other, inferior talents preforming at a very similar level to Bell.  The concern is that his talent and value can be overinflated because of the numbers he has put up due to the system he plays in and the players that surround him. 

Like I said he is not AP in his prime and doesn't have the skillet to face 8 man fronts with Christian Ponder at QB and rush for 2K yards.  Saying that Bell and AP in his prime are in the same universe is fat out laughable.  Bell has never sniffed an 8 man front in his life with all the weapons that surround him including a HOF Qb.  

You say there is no indication that Bell would not run hard on a 1 and 9 team and I disagree.  He has an overinflated sense of self worth and by sitting out the season he has shown that he could care less about helping his team and is only concerned with his health and finances.  You make it sound like playing for 15 million this year under the franchise tag is a slap in the face.  You realize the guy runs around a grass field with a pig skin under his arm and would make more money this year that 99 percent of households will make over their entire working career. 

He has quit on his team and on a team where the front offices stance on Bell is clearly the same as mine.  If they thought he was this all world talent you claim him to be they would have locked him up to a long term contract years ago but they have chosen not too.  Why do you think that is?  It is pretty clear to me that they know the system makes Bell who he is not the other way around.  

He is a selfish, overrated RB that I hope takes the money and signs with a team like Buffalo or the Jets.  Then we will figure out who is right and wrong here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again, hard pass on Bell. In Madden I sign the guy in a second, love his style of play. However, makes absolute zero sense to sign him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read Bills waived wide receiver Terrell Pryor.  I was a big promoter of Pryor when he only wanted to be a QB.  I got into it on that subject with another forum member and I don't want to revisit that. 

As we're running low on the WR commodity why don't we sign him.  I mean we lost Jordy Nelson traded Cooper and Bryant went down with an injury and those are only the ones I remember.  Pryor is fast and lanky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

Just read Bills waived wide receiver Terrell Pryor.  I was a big promoter of Pryor when he only wanted to be a QB.  I got into it on that subject with another forum member and I don't want to revisit that. 

As we're running low on the WR commodity why don't we sign him.  I mean we lost Jordy Nelson traded Cooper and Bryant went down with an injury and those are only the ones I remember.  Pryor is fast and lanky. 

He’s in the hof still for longest run by a qb?

use him on jet sweeps instead of Reggie Nelson jogging partner whatever our st specialist is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what’s the likelihood both both Osemele and Jackson getting cut this offseason. I think Osemele is as good as gone if he doesn’t restructure and the same might be true of Jackson. Whatever the case, I don’t think either are playing close to what they’re getting paid on a down to down basis. I wouldn’t mind cutting both and bringing in a couple older veterans to compete or replace them. Plus, it would clear room for landing a big fish like Bell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I wonder what’s the likelihood both both Osemele and Jackson getting cut this offseason. I think Osemele is as good as gone if he doesn’t restructure and the same might be true of Jackson. Whatever the case, I don’t think either are playing close to what they’re getting paid on a down to down basis. I wouldn’t mind cutting both and bringing in a couple older veterans to compete or replace them. Plus, it would clear room for landing a big fish like Bell.

I could potentially see this happening but to be frank that would be ludicrous. Having 2 pro bowl calibre players playing at a high level in a PB scheme, changing the scheme to primarily Zone then when they don't perform (a surprise to no-one but the coaching staff) cutting them and drafting and or using FA to bring in replacements and hope for the best seems insane to me. Especially when they could very well bring in a malcontent RB when you've just down graded the line that would be opening holes for him. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I don’t get the love for Bell?

 Let’s say the Raiders sign him for three years $45 million,  you know he’s gonna hold out the last year for more money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I could potentially see this happening but to be frank that would be ludicrous. Having 2 pro bowl calibre players playing at a high level in a PB scheme, changing the scheme to primarily Zone then when they don't perform (a surprise to no-one but the coaching staff) cutting them and drafting and or using FA to bring in replacements and hope for the best seems insane to me. Especially when they could very well bring in a malcontent RB when you've just down graded the line that would be opening holes for him. 

 

Both have struggled in pass protection this year and Osemele has struggled in pass protection going back to last season too. Also, a guard that is so pigeon-holed to one blocking scheme is not worth $10 million, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

 I don’t get the love for Bell?

 Let’s say the Raiders sign him for three years $45 million,  you know he’s gonna hold out the last year for more money.

It's because he's a great player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I could potentially see this happening but to be frank that would be ludicrous. Having 2 pro bowl calibre players playing at a high level in a PB scheme, changing the scheme to primarily Zone then when they don't perform (a surprise to no-one but the coaching staff) cutting them and drafting and or using FA to bring in replacements and hope for the best seems insane to me. Especially when they could very well bring in a malcontent RB when you've just down graded the line that would be opening holes for him. 

 

The only incentive I see in changing to ZBS is being able to get rid of Jackson and KO for cheaper options.  Changing schemes and then seeing if they can change also is stupid.  You are taking a risk without receiving any benefit.  I could be wrong but Gruden's offense is not dependent on a ZBS.  If that is the case then hiring Cable shows that Gruden's ties in the NFL are outdated.  Find it hard to believe that he could not find a better coach than Cable.  The issues with our line did not start this year though.  It was as soon as we brought Lynch in and changed the line to suit him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

It's because he's a great player.

Shelf life for running back's isn't very long and we're not one piece away from competing. Take the long approach and build through the draft, save our cap space to add complementary pieces for our new young core. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Shelf life for running back's isn't very long and we're not one piece away from competing. Take the long approach and build through the draft, save our cap space to add complementary pieces for our new young core. 

I dont get it either. Stupid to sign Mack cuz by the time we're competitive he'll be 30 but people wanna sign Bell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×