2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

5 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Miller played injured most of the year, we should be giving him more time before writing him off. That said--he needs some competition and needs to earn his spot.

If we pay Brown we're not paying him to compete with Kolton Miller. We're paying him to start at RT for us. Miller shouldn't have been a starting LT last season but was forced into the fire. Hopefully, some of that upside shines through but signing a guy like Brown solidifies the right side of our line while giving us a great insurance policy at LT.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If we pay Brown we're not paying him to compete with Kolton Miller. We're paying him to start at RT for us. Miller shouldn't have been a starting LT last season but was forced into the fire. Hopefully, some of that upside shines through but signing a guy like Brown solidifies the right side of our line while giving us a great insurance policy at LT.

My statement is separate from Brown. Brown would start, bar none. His payday would be too big to bench.

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Looks like we are going after a veteran tackle. I wouldn't be surprised Kolton Miller is moved to right tackle or even left guard. Could be given the Robert Gallery treatment

Miller is the LT. Any vet tackle is a RT IMO. They can't go into the season with Parker in that role.

Just now, big_palooka said:

Miller is the LT. Any vet tackle is a RT IMO. They can't go into the season with Parker in that role.

Exactly. Mayock and Gruden have a plan and they know that they have to protect Carr better and get him some weapons. Trent Brown and Antonio Brown would be an amazing start to revamping our offense.

5 minutes ago, daineraider said:

I’m still upset we picked him, but I agree with you.  Miller needs to develop and should be given more time to do so.  He showed some decent skill early last season and I hope he can grow off of that.  Wish we had a decent OL coach to help that development.

I think you speak for all of us about being upset with the pick. I straight up don't remember anyone hoping for him leading up to the draft. I remember the pic of him upside down midair lol, and the collective groans about us being linked to him. I can't remember another year that this forum consensus didn't want the player, then sure enough the pick happened. I think DHB might have even had a fan or two all those years back. 

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I agree that Parker cant start at RT. Brown is getting Left tackle money from us at 4 years, 66 million. He's the starting blindside. Miller goes to right tackle or guard. 

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

I agree that Parker cant start at RT. Brown is getting Left tackle money from us at 4 years, 66 million. He's the starting blindside. Miller goes to right tackle or guard. 

I think it's pretty clear that Gruden wants Brown at LT and Miller at RT with how much we just paid Brown. Parker can continue to develop and backup both spots.

Archived