2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

If we cut Penn and count the savings of Penn+Osemele towards the Brown signing is there that much of a money difference? 

Brown-Jackson-Hudson-Good-Miller   Looks good to me to start next year. Parker as a swing tackle/developmental piece. Still would like Feli back if his market isn’t crazy. 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Starting LG is not on the team. He’s waiting to get picked in the draft. 

You don’t move Parker to guard this isn’t madden. 

Robert Gallery went from tackle to guard until Raiders and Tom Cable. So it wouldnt be the 1st one. We'll know during mini camp, OTAs

3 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

If we cut Penn and count the savings of Penn+Osemele towards the Brown signing is there that much of a money difference? 

Brown-Jackson-Hudson-Good-Miller   Looks good to me to start next year. Parker as a swing tackle/developmental piece. Still would like Feli back if his market isn’t crazy. 

We saved $17.5M by cutting Penn and trading Osemele. Brown got $37.5M guaranteed so it seems like a lateral move in terms of cap used. Gotta find a cheap OG to balance it out.

Just now, NYRaider said:

We saved $17.5M by cutting Penn and trading Osemele. Brown got $37.5M guaranteed so it seems like a lateral move in terms of cap used. Gotta find a cheap OG to balance it out.

Definitely much more doable with Osemele getting traded. 

I think we already have one in Denzelle Good. We locked him up before FA starts. I could see us targeting a G in the mid rounds to compete but Good has experience at RG and Gabe can move back to the LG spot to give us an incredibly powerful L side of our OL 

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Robert Gallery went from tackle to guard until Raiders and Tom Cable. So it wouldnt be the 1st one. We'll know during mini camp, OTAs

So since Gallery did it that means Parker can? Parker looked physicaly weak at RT and got man handled at RT. It would get worse if he moved into guard his body is not ready for that. He’s show he doesn’t have the lower power. 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

So since Gallery did it that means Parker can? Parker looked physicaly weak at RT and got man handled at RT. It would get worse if he moved into guard his body is not ready for that. He’s show he doesn’t have the lower power. 

I want Miller at guard personally 

6 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Definitely much more doable with Osemele getting traded. 

I think we already have one in Denzelle Good. We locked him up before FA starts. I could see us targeting a G in the mid rounds to compete but Good has experience at RG and Gabe can move back to the LG spot to give us an incredibly powerful L side of our OL 

That's what I'm hoping for too. I'd like to see us target a versatile guy with upside at G in round 4. Brown - Jackson - Hudson - Good - Miller. Parker as a backup swing OT and a versatile rookie as a backup swing OG.

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Robert Gallery was an elite athlete with elite movement skills. The primary reason that he moved inside to guard was that he had t-rex arms. Gallery had 32 1/4 arms while Brandon Parker has 35" arms. 

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

That's why OTAs and mini camp exist to try it out. Not uncommon for young tackles to play guard early in NFL career

Archived