2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Mayock says he hopes to get a couple starters from FA.

Obvious but good to see he isn't truing to hide the fact.

Who do you guys hope that we pursue? I'd be ecstatic with Frank Clark, Za'Darius Smith, Jordan Hicks, CJ Mosley, or Trey Flowers. 

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Mayock says he hopes to get a couple starters from FA.

Obvious but good to see he isn't truing to hide the fact.

I think the type of FA's we attract this offseason will determine what the current perception of the Raiders is around the league.  If agents have confidence that the Gruden/Mayock combo will be successful, sign other quality FA without overpaying and will be drafting well, we will get quality FA players to sign this offseason. 

Having the move to LV and the income tax savings for players in Nevada will help us attract FA so if we can't sign some quality players for decent value the perception around the league is that the Gruden/Mayock combo is a joke and no respectable player would come here to play.  Similar to the Al Davis days in the late 2000's.  

On 1/19/2019 at 12:19 AM, big_palooka said:

I wonder if the Jags would take 24 or 27. I'd trade a 1 for a young standout CB. I wouldn't trade #4 however mainly because of his attitude and need for a playmaking edge player.

I little late on the response on my part... Honestly, a dream scenario would be to give Jags one of our later 1st rounders and swap early picks.  We get #7 and the best DB in the league , they get to move ahead to take their QB of the future and still have a first to mold a future replacement.

Use #7 to draft Gary or Ferrill.  

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I think the type of FA's we attract this offseason will determine what the current perception of the Raiders is around the league.  If agents have confidence that the Gruden/Mayock combo will be successful, sign other quality FA without overpaying and will be drafting well, we will get quality FA players to sign this offseason. 

Having the move to LV and the income tax savings for players in Nevada will help us attract FA so if we can't sign some quality players for decent value the perception around the league is that the Gruden/Mayock combo is a joke and no respectable player would come here to play.  Similar to the Al Davis days in the late 2000's.  

I don't necessarily disagree, but I have a really bad feeling about our FA haul this year.  I have a hard time thinking any respectable FA is going to volunteer to sign up for a team that's homeless... Hell at this point, we don't even know what country we'll be playing in, much less what city...

I think we are going to be in for a a couple of overpriced mercenaries and a  bunch of older crap to eat up salary cap space.

Now 2020, that's another story... I think we'll be a prime destination for FA.

5 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I don't necessarily disagree, but I have a really bad feeling about our FA haul this year.  I have a hard time thinking any respectable FA is going to volunteer to sign up for a team that's homeless... Hell at this point, we don't even know what country we'll be playing in, much less what city...

I think we are going to be in for a a couple of overpriced mercenaries and a  bunch of older crap to eat up salary cap space.

Now 2020, that's another story... I think we'll be a prime destination for FA.

Just silly.

Everyone will know where we are playing long before free agency starts. Free agents will come if the money is right and if they like the idea of playing in Vegas going forward.

Archived