2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. Miller graded out as the #76 OT last year on PFF. He allowed 65 pressures which was 2nd most for any OT in the league and 22 more than any other rookie OT allowed last year. Miller also allowed a league worst 16 sacks, which is only 1 less than the NFL record for most sacks allowed by an OT in a single season. According to PFF he allowed a pressure on 12.5% of his snaps (worst in the league) and had the worst run-blocking grade ever by a rookie tackle since PFF began tracking stats in 2006. I don't think the staff is married to the idea that he's a franchise LT going forward and I think we could definitely see him moved to RT. 

It's cool though.... "he looked good before he was injured".

My feelings on Miller are no secret. Thought he was trash at UCLA and was a laughably bad draft pick. A desperation pick once McGlinchey was taken.

On 1/29/2019 at 10:12 AM, big_palooka said:

Massey just got 8 million a year from the Bears. He's an average RT. The FA money is going to put out of control for a decent OT

With teams moving their best pass rusher around tackle is starting to become a premium position. It’s not enough to just have a guy there, he’s got to be good. 

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It's cool though.... "he looked good before he was injured".

My feelings on Miller are no secret. Thought he was trash at UCLA and was a laughably bad draft pick. A desperation pick once McGlinchey was taken.

Miller had arguably the worst season for an OT in NFL history last year. I like the traits, but he was terrible last year. Hopefully Cable can coach him up. 

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Based off your eye test or are there stats you found?

He almost tied the record for most sacks allowed in a season and had the worst run blocking grade by an OT ever recorded by PFF since they started tracking stats 13 years ago. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Oooooof.

He was literally the worst OT in pass protection and run blocking in the league last year. As I said earlier I really don't think the staff or front office is married to him being the LT of the future, if we find a better option this offseason we should move him to RT. 

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He was literally the worst OT in pass protection and run blocking in the league last year. As I said earlier I really don't think the staff or front office is married to him being the LT of the future, if we find a better option this offseason we should move him to RT. 

That's just preposterous! You mean a team would move a player over to a better suited position if they found a player to better play that persons current position??? Come on man why would they do that?

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I said after the draft that I would rather have Miller at RT and Parker at LT.  Sign Brown at LT trade KO move Miller to RT then sign or draft RG.  Or trade Jackson keep KO and still do the rest.  Parker can develop behind Brown where he should have been last year.  This is not rocket science.  I almost forgot to fire Cable.

20 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

That's just preposterous! You mean a team would move a player over to a better suited position if they found a player to better play that persons current position??? Come on man why would they do that?

There was a lot of talk about Miller playing exclusively at LT, hell that's why the coaching staff asked Penn to play RT for the first time in his career even though he didn't want too. Miller himself mentioned that he had some issues sliding from RT to LT during his final season at UCLA and according to Vic Tafur the staff didn't want to move him back to RT. Not to mention when you're drafted as highly as Miller the hope is that you're going to be able to play LT. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

There was a lot of talk about Miller playing exclusively at LT, hell that's why the coaching staff asked Penn to play RT for the first time in his career even though he didn't want too. Miller himself mentioned that he had some issues sliding from RT to LT during his final season at UCLA and according to Vic Tafur the staff didn't want to move him back to RT. Not to mention when you're drafted as highly as Miller the hope is that you're going to be able to play LT. 

Yes all of that I am well aware of. I am also aware of the fact that we had the worst tackles in football. Maybe in the history of pro football. And I'm not even joking. If you know this and I know this I am fairly certain the raiders front office knows this. And I have said before the one thing bigger than Grudens contract or playbook is his ego. Believe what you will. But he is not going to be the butt of every NFL joke forever. His ego will either force him to retire or improve. Now Miller may very well stay at LT. My whole point was if there is a better guy there and you can get him and move Miller to right which would be a position more fit to his skill set then I could see them doing it. Not saying they will. Not even saying I THINK they will. I am just saying I would not be as shocked as some apparently would be if it happened.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He almost tied the record for most sacks allowed in a season and had the worst run blocking grade by an OT ever recorded by PFF since they started tracking stats 13 years ago. 

Sheesh...I did not know he was that bad. In fairness, I thought there were weeks he was clearly hurt and shouldn't have been playing but damn those are some historically awful numbers. 

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

.He was literally the worst OT in pass protection and run blocking in the league last year. As I said earlier I really don't think the staff or front office is married to him being the LT of the future, if we find a better option this offseason we should move him to RT. 

Come on man! Know your fact, before you talk smack! Brandon Parker was worse in pass protection and so was Donald Penn! I showed you 2 worse OT's from his own team in 2 seconds...

:D Lol

Sorry I couldn't pass this opportunity :)

The bottom 5 was this by PFF:

80. Martinas Rankin

79. Brandon Parker

78. Chad Wheeler

77. Halapoulivaati Vaitai

76. Kolton Miller

Penn would have been the 3rd worst with his PFF numbers right after Parker. Brutal...

1 hour ago, Rolni said:

Come on man! Know your fact, before you talk smack! Brandon Parker was worse in pass protection and so was Donald Penn! I showed you 2 worse OT's from his own team in 2 seconds...

:D Lol

Sorry I couldn't pass this opportunity :)

The bottom 5 was this by PFF:

80. Martinas Rankin

79. Brandon Parker

78. Chad Wheeler

77. Halapoulivaati Vaitai

76. Kolton Miller

Penn would have been the 3rd worst with his PFF numbers right after Parker. Brutal...

LT is the discussion. Not all tackles 

Archived