2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

51 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

What about Ziggy Ansah? 

I know Lions fans are kinda sick of him because he's injury prone and a streaky player.

I'd like him at the right price. 

I'd like him at the right price as well but in my view his "price" and utility is that of a situational pass rusher at this point. He'll be 30 by the start of next season. Players don't suddenly become less injury prone at that age. I think he'd be more effective in a limited role with less snaps. But I doubt he or his agent see it that way. Some team will overpay probably.

Free agency for me doesn't start March 5th. The deadline for teams to apply the franchise tag. The true difference makers never make it to FA. Ford, Clowney, Lawrence, Clark, Collins, etc. will all be tagged IMO. 

Flowers is a toss up because he's with the Patriots. Raiders will be looking at older vets (Graham, Griffen if cut)or overpaying on guys like Z. Smith or P. Smith. 

5 hours ago, roi34 said:

Mike Davis

Mosley

Clowney/ford/Lawrence/flowers (one of)

A crop of those three areas hit would be solid.

Then add an OL and a funchess or someone.

This is just frustrating.  If we would have kept Mack on the 5th year option and tagged him this year we could have received so much more in a trade and still had him for the year.  Then we could put to rest the notion that certain players under-performed because of the shock of losing a team leader right before the season.  We would have a better idea of what direction to go in along with having more and better draft picks.  I hate RM and Gruden for this.  One of the dumbest moves made by a front office because they could not be patient.  Not trying to beat a dead horse but thinking about how bad they were in FA agency just makes me not trust them moving forward.  Hopefully Mayock can bring something to the table and we do not see a Cooper, Mack, or Bryant type of screw up.

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

Was thinking the same thing. Could be had for cheap and adds a savvy veteran to our dline rotation 

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

Vinny Curry?

He plays a good amount of base end doesn't he? Would be a massive upgrade to the Frostee Rucker role from last year.

49 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

yes, because that's a bargain and not realistic. That's what the Giants paid Vernon in 2016. It's 2019, and Clowney is a better player. He'd get a 100+ mil on a FA deal.

Going to be interesting to see what all these DE/Edge players get.  The market will be reset but by how much.  If we see a similar rise in pay to WRs we will look like fools for not resigning Mack at $22-23 a year.  If Clowney and the rest of them get $18-22 a year I do not think we touch any of them.  What would you pay for vs what you think they will get:

Lawrence: 

Clowney:

Graham:

Ford:

P Smith:

Clark:

Ansah:

Flowers:

Fowler:

Some will be tagged and resigned but hypothetically if all made it to FA.

Archived