2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

24 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Day one of FA im calling Kwon Alexander. I don't care if he is coming off an injury. Will be 25 when the season starts so still young and is exactly what the Raiders need at MLB. Would be such a great leader that this defense needs. 

I'd be happy with that

Some of the FA's I'd be happy if we took a look at. 

• John Brown, WR, Ravens

• Henry Anderson, DE, Jets

• Muhammad Wilkerson, DL, Packers

• Cole Beasley, WR, Cowboys

• Tre Boston, S, Cardinals

• Dante Fowler Jr, Edge, Rams

• Za'Darius Smith, Edge, Ravens

• Preston Smith, Edge, Redskins

I like Clowney but I am a little skeptical. I feel like a guy on the other side of the line from JJ Watt should have better numbers if he expects to get more than Mack. Can you imagine the numbers Mack would have had of he were on the other side of Watt?

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Some of the FA's I'd be happy if we took a look at. 

• John Brown, WR, Ravens

• Henry Anderson, DE, Jets

• Muhammad Wilkerson, DL, Packers

• Cole Beasley, WR, Cowboys

• Tre Boston, S, Cardinals

• Dante Fowler Jr, Edge, Rams

• Za'Darius Smith, Edge, Ravens

• Preston Smith, Edge, Redskins

Fowler - possibly but pass for me.

Smith - hard pass because money will most likely be more than production.

Boston - I'd be ok with this

Brown - i like him after recovering and playing well with no qb in balt. 

Beasley - love him but prefer eli rogers for cheaper option and likely he'll be back with boys

15 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

I like Clowney but I am a little skeptical. I feel like a guy on the other side of the line from JJ Watt should have better numbers if he expects to get more than Mack. Can you imagine the numbers Mack would have had of he were on the other side of Watt?

This would make more sense if watt didnt miss 2017 which clowney posted almost identical numbers.

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

This would make more sense if watt didnt miss 2017 which clowney posted almost identical numbers.

I just don’t understand his numbers are average.The man never had more then 9.5 sack in one year, 29 over his first 5 years.

People are hating on  Clelin Ferrell because he’s a 8-10 sack guy who’s better at playing the run.

How is Clowney any different ?

5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I just don’t understand his numbers are average.The man never had more then 9.5 sack in one year, 29 over his first 5 years.

People are hating on  Clelin Ferrell because he’s a 8-10 sack guy who’s better at playing the run.

How is Clowney any different ?

I like ferrell so.. agreed but 9.5 coupled with another 8-10 sack guy works for me. We should of just signed mack haha

Thoughts on Mark Ingram?  I doubt he'll come here or leave NO but I would love to have him in the silver and black for a few seasons.  I love his game.  He is a beast, a hard runner and has good pass catching skills as well.  Very underrated back who we may not have break the bank for, only drawback is that he is 29.  

I would also love to see us make a push for Landon Collins.  Elite Safety that would be a force on the back end of this D.  I would be very comfortable paying 10 million a year for a 25 year old former All Pro who is one of the best in the league at his position.

The Clowney talk is a joke.  No way we will pay Clowney, a far inferior player to Mack, the same, if not more of what Mack was asking.  

Clowney has been playing on a solid overall D and along the same line as arguably the best DE's in football.  He has never been the focal point of an opposing D coordinators game plan nor has he ever been on a terrible team, which the Raiders most likely will be next season.  If he came here I can assure you he would disappoint and don't forget he had micro fracture surgery on his knee which will most likely cut his career short.  

Archived