2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Barr would be an edge in Guenther's defense. He bothers me, because Zimmer couldn't really elevate his game. Buyer beware IMO on Barr. But I see the intrigue of getting him back exclusively as an edge and letting him play as he did in college.

Smith is an over played name on this forum, but I don't see the fit. He's a 3-4 OLB. In a 4-3, he'd get swallowed up playing edge IMO.

Amos would be a good fit.

Z. Smith is the best fit and better value. 

Bruce Irvin again is what he would boil down to. O agree on Z Smith. Ansah would be a pretty good fit. But age and durability plus the contract he would likely demand make me not interested.

CJ Mosley, HaHa Clinton-Dix, and Brandon Graham and I’m a happy camper for Free Agency. Plus re-sign Jared Cook please. 

I don’t want LevBell but if we do sign him I can’t say I wouldn’t be pulling a Mr. Burns in the background and saying excellent with creeping hand motions..

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

CJ Mosley, HaHa Clinton-Dix, and Brandon Graham and I’m a happy camper for Free Agency. Plus re-sign Jared Cook please. 

I don’t want LevBell but if we do sign him I can’t say I wouldn’t be pulling a Mr. Burns in the background and saying excellent with creeping hand motions..

Graham would make u happy? 30 year old underwhelming pass rusher? 

20 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Graham would make u happy? 30 year old underwhelming pass rusher? 

He’ll be cheap due to age. And you’re not giving him enough credit, the guy is an absolute eite run defenser and an above average pass rusher. PFF always has him Top 40 in the entire NFL every season. His sack count might be low but he is always very high up in pressures every season. He also fits PG’s system perfectly. 

We think Graham will be cheap due to age but it is not a for sure thing.  I think he will still cost a lot but will not get a long term deal.  Probably in the range of $28 million over 2 years.  If he gets  a 3rd year it will be for less than $10.

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

We think Graham will be cheap due to age but it is not a for sure thing.  I think he will still cost a lot but will not get a long term deal.  Probably in the range of $28 million over 2 years.  If he gets  a 3rd year it will be for less than $10.

Something of the sort. The theee signings I have us getting all won’t cheap but they all won’t break the bank either. 

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

He’ll be cheap due to age. And you’re not giving him enough credit, the guy is an absolute eite run defenser and an above average pass rusher. PFF always has him Top 40 in the entire NFL every season. His sack count might be low but he is always very high up in pressures every season. He also fits PG’s system perfectly. 

I like him as run defender but i want to get younger and if I'm giving out over 10 mill i dont want a 31 yr old at season start. 

Graham won't be cheap!

He also has some questionsmarks IMO, because he played on a stacked DL with a monster in the middle and under a quality DC. 

I think Ansah is a better fit for us and he showed that he can be effective " alone". The issue with him is the injury history obviously.

22 hours ago, BayRaider said:

What does this mean exactly? Not being sarcastic or anything, but I genuinely want to know...

I've seen on prior pages on this thread about this team shouldn't spend on certain players because of age since we are rebuilding. I don't see why not. The purpose of rebuilding is for our young guys to get PT and for our draft capital to increase in value (e.g. higher picks after a losing season). Sure, we'll have some vets locked into spots by doing this, but this allows us to develop some of our younger guys and "groom" them. IMO, we should start putting pieces together to start competing. We have 5 first rounders the next two years. We don't need to lose anymore. We have plenty of draft capital to keep us moving forward. Pay some impact guys to help us compete and by the time our young guys develop and feed off a better culture, the vets we signed will be off the books and we can pay to keep our own homegrown guys. Just my $0.02

2 hours ago, Justwinning said:

I've seen on prior pages on this thread about this team shouldn't spend on certain players because of age since we are rebuilding. I don't see why not. The purpose of rebuilding is for our young guys to get PT and for our draft capital to increase in value (e.g. higher picks after a losing season). Sure, we'll have some vets locked into spots by doing this, but this allows us to develop some of our younger guys and "groom" them. IMO, we should start putting pieces together to start competing. We have 5 first rounders the next two years. We don't need to lose anymore. We have plenty of draft capital to keep us moving forward. Pay some impact guys to help us compete and by the time our young guys develop and feed off a better culture, the vets we signed will be off the books and we can pay to keep our own homegrown guys. Just my $0.02

well you kinda answered yourself there..
we want to our young guys to play... so if you pay a vet, he will take a role from a young guy

there is no need for a 33/34 yearold  DT to take time from our 2 young DTs. 

On 2/23/2019 at 8:42 PM, BigD1123 said:

Bruce Irvin again is what he would boil down to. O agree on Z Smith. Ansah would be a pretty good fit. But age and durability plus the contract he would likely demand make me not interested.

I have to disagree. Smith is 6'4 274lbs and lined up in multiple positions for the Ravens. If a player like that does't fit the scheme, I don't want the scheme.

9 hours ago, Justwinning said:

I get what your saying but people also forget there is such thing as 26/27 year old vets that can grow with the team as well and still be 28-29 in couple years rather than set to retire.

I check on Victor Cotto’s twitter feed this time of year to get some tidbits about draft picks, free agents, etc. Not sure what his sources are but he is usually pretty accurate and it scratches my itch this time if year. I just wish someone else had this information since he is arrogant, combative, and childish.

Archived