2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

I check on Victor Cotto’s twitter feed this time of year to get some tidbits about draft picks, free agents, etc. Not sure what his sources are but he is usually pretty accurate and it scratches my itch this time if year. I just wish someone else had this information since he is arrogant, combative, and childish.

lol... same. I don't follow him because he's soooo arrogant, but he seems to have a good source around the Raiders. 

Which makes things like this eyebrow raising.

Also, said Miami and Oak have discussed trade options around Xavien Howard FWIW.

16 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

X.Howard would be amazing for the Raiders. He is a legit top CB imo. 

Victor Cotto is a terrible follow on Twitter for obvious reasons. Only good to search his name every once in a while.

Love Howard, great corner and I want us to draft him badly, but I’m not trading for him unless it’s a 4th Round Pick. I’m pretty confident in Conley/Worley. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

lol... same. I don't follow him because he's soooo arrogant, but he seems to have a good source around the Raiders. 

Which makes things like this eyebrow raising.

Also, said Miami and Oak have discussed trade options around Xavien Howard FWIW.

Not surprised Gruden likes Murray. He’s much more mobile than Carr. Kinda like Tui tbh. Hopefully Mayock talks some sense into him. Like I’ve said previously, there’s always a guy like Murray in these drafts. I Guarantee that this time next year we’ll be talking about some guy who is mobile and the next big thing. 

23 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Not surprised Gruden likes Murray. He’s much more mobile than Carr. Kinda like Tui tbh. Hopefully Mayock talks some sense into him. Like I’ve said previously, there’s always a guy like Murray in these drafts. I Guarantee that this time next year we’ll be talking about some guy who is mobile and the next big thing. 

Where are they? The only thing he's not is tall. Not many guys have his arm ability and functional mobility in and out the pocket. Hardly any can make throws from any platform or have his contact balance. He's pretty rare imo. He has great arm talent and throws from the pocket. A creative play caller can really create with him.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Where are they? The only thing he's not is tall. Not many guys have his arm ability and functional mobility in and out the pocket. Hardly any can make throws from any platform or have his contact balance. He's pretty rare imo. He has great arm talent and throws from the pocket. A creative play caller can really create with him.

Well I guess I have to prepare myself for this possibly happening.  Hopefully we would get a couple of decent seasons out of him before someone breaks him in half.  I know everyone talks about his height, but I'm more concerned with his build/weight.

Gruden fancies himself a QB guru like his good pal Andy Reid. He saw how Reid was able to tame a wildly talented and unconventional QB like Mahomes and make him into a superstar. Probably think he can do the same with Murray.

I wouldn't have a problem with it. I would rather swing for the fences on a guy like Murray then become the new Bengals and stick with the mediocre middling QB because he's not bad and we could do worse.

Carr is not Grudens guy. He will not be the QB heading to Vegas.

26 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Gruden fancies himself a QB guru like his good pal Andy Reid. He saw how Reid was able to tame a wildly talented and unconventional QB like Mahomes and make him into a superstar. Probably think he can do the same with Murray.

I wouldn't have a problem with it. I would rather swing for the fences on a guy like Murray then become the new Bengals and stick with the mediocre middling QB because he's not bad and we could do worse.

Carr is not Grudens guy. He will not be the QB heading to Vegas.

I agree 90% likely Carr is not the guy in 2020 unless he just balls like a madman this year but I really don’t think Murray is the answer and I’m a fan of 3 QBs in 2020 over Murray. I’m not even sure I’d take Murray over Haskins.. it’s like 1a 1b for me.. although I’d probably lean Murray. 

Look, if we can get a 1st Round Pick for Carr, I’d be OK gambling on Murray as it’s basically a swap. Not a fan of it, but I’m on board. Next year Carrs value will probably go from 1st to 2nd so if we are gonna trade him now is the time. Looking at the 1st Round, there is absolutey no trade partners. Jacksonville isn’t giving up #7 for Carr, Miami has said they want a complete rebuild with young guys and fresh contracts, and Washing would be the perfect trade partner except they have Alex Smith ludicrous contract. If the Jags wanna give us a 2019 second and 2020 second, it’d be worth entertaining. 

On 2/21/2019 at 11:07 PM, NightTrainLane said:

Thompson isn't ready to play in the league from week one imo. I want Chauncey Gardener-Johnson at eh end of the 1st/2nd. I'm saying it now, he will be the Derwin James of this draft.

Finally got around to watchong Gardener in depth and he’s probably my new favorite safety prospect. I’d still rather address Safety in Free Agency but definitely wouldn’t be mad if we took Gardener at 35. 

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Every year there’s guys who can make all the throws, play with mobility, yada yada yada. Size is an issue because he’s going to get hit in the pocket. He’ll be playing for the raiders not the patriots so the refs won’t be protecting him. Plus he’d have miller as an LT. Like I’ve said for awhile the Raiders need to use the 3 picks they have this year to build a good team and then trade up next year if Carr doesn’t pan out. I can assure everyone here that next year there’s going to be some guy who checks all the boxes. 

Last year Baker was the guy. 

The year before was Trubiski/Mahomes

the year before that was Wentz

the year before that Winston/Mariota

yhe before that Manziel/Bortles

these guys are always there and they are always going to change the NFL. 2020 has better prospects. 

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

That’s kind of the way the league is going. Not everyone can pick teams apart from the pocket like Brady.

This is true. The NFL is going to the spread mobile formula. Because of that i predict that QBs will have less longevity in the game. 

Archived