2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

I wouldn't be upset for signing Bell since he's a dominant RB. We sorely need talent where we can get it. But I'm torn on if we should do it.

+ Great RB, will make our offense better as long as we can block for him
+ Shows that a big name will actually sign with us

- We traded Mack because we were afraid he was going to sit out and act like this guy, and we don't condone that behavior. Now we turn around and pay the source of the fear? Looks stupid.
- I'm all for players doing what is right for themselves but it did seem like Bell really enjoyed the limelight while holding out at times
- RBs are a dime a dozen. Doug Martin is playing fine for us FFS.

There's more if's and but's depending on how other things play out, but this is how I look at it for now

9 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I wouldn't be upset for signing Bell since he's a dominant RB. We sorely need talent where we can get it. But I'm torn on if we should do it.

+ Great RB, will make our offense better as long as we can block for him
+ Shows that a big name will actually sign with us

- We traded Mack because we were afraid he was going to sit out and act like this guy, and we don't condone that behavior. Now we turn around and pay the source of the fear? Looks stupid.
- I'm all for players doing what is right for themselves but it did seem like Bell really enjoyed the limelight while holding out at times
- RBs are a dime a dozen. Doug Martin is playing fine for us FFS.

There's more if's and but's depending on how other things play out, but this is how I look at it for now

Agree with most of this. Honestly with Cooper and Mack, I don't know if we'd be above .500. This team needs a ground up rework and so far I'm liking our rookie class (obviously early, but so far so good), and I'll include Conley in there as a 1st year player.

We'll sign an edge guy in FA and that will help enormously. I'm hoping one of the bigger sack  guys will somehow make it out there (dee ford, zadarius smith, clowney, lawrence, brandon graham). The safety market is quite good (earl thomas, mathieu, haha). I'm hoping for a LB instead of Whitehead as well (Jordan Hicks or CJ Mosely). Even receiver has some decent starting guys who may be out there (John Brown, Tyrell Wiliams, Golden Tate, Robby Anderson, Quincy Enunwa, Funchess).

Hopefully these next 6 games will tell us more about the youngins we have. Give us something to build around.

I actually like our RBs at least Richard and DWash... if we are going to put a lot of money into FA then I want us to improve the OL and DL as much as we can. Carr needs that elite protection so he can be his elite self. We do need some weapons at WR now so that should be more of a priority than getting someone like Bell.

57 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

I actually like our RBs at least Richard and DWash... if we are going to put a lot of money into FA then I want us to improve the OL and DL as much as we can. Carr needs that elite protection so he can be his elite self. We do need some weapons at WR now so that should be more of a priority than getting someone like Bell.

Agree with most of this. This year will be good for Carr. The more he can do with less, including weapons and protection, the better it will be when we can get him both. 

One drafted wr and one Fa we and we will be ok plus one of guys we already have. Rb.. either sign coleman or someone similar to go with Washington and richard or draft late rb. 

Spend big on Oline/dline/LB/S in draft and fa and draft

On 11/19/2018 at 12:22 AM, RaisinBran said:

All we need is a big bruiser like warren maybe to complete our rb core plus a new fb 

Archived